Diamondback rattler Gent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rifleman1776

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Below is my new personal pen. It is a full sized Gentleman in Tn gold rollerball made from a Diamondback rattle snake blank by Glimmerz N More. We didn't have any plans for today and watching cars go around in circles wasn't the way to spend my time. So, I made this long time planned new personal pen. Turning technique was same as I described earlier with the scarlet perch Cigar. My photos could (should) be better, they picked up glare I didn't see outside. All that white really isn't there. For those who may wonder, while the Gent is a big pen, it does fit in a mans shirt pocket. And it feels nicely balanced in the hand while writing.

201857_Diamondback%20rattler%20Gent%20pen%20closed.jpg

27201913_Diamondback%20rattler%20Gent%20pen%20open.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />Me too! Is Frank turning into our newest super hero...Mr. PLASTICMAN[?]
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />I'm speachless.....in more ways than one [;)]

Not hardly. But it does permit using the natural product of a snakeskin for something like this. BTW, I only use skin blanks that are made from wrappings of rare transparent wood. [;)]

leehljp

Member Liaison
That is a real nice looking pen, Frank! It is bound to get people's attention for sure.

I was in Arkansas on Saturday visiting my daughter and 5 grandkids. I got into a discussion with a few people in her town (Augusta, near Searcy) talking about pen making and wanting to find a rattlesnake to make my own RS pen blanks. I found out kinda quick that it was illegal to kill a snake in Arkansas. But they all said if one came into their yard, they would kill it and I could have it!

Good thing you mentioned where you got the blank from! [:D]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by leehljp
<br />That is a real nice looking pen, Frank! It is bound to get people's attention for sure.

I was in Arkansas on Saturday visiting my daughter and 5 grandkids. I got into a discussion with a few people in her town (Augusta, near Searcy) talking about pen making and wanting to find a rattlesnake to make my own RS pen blanks. I found out kinda quick that it was illegal to kill a snake in Arkansas. But they all said if one came into their yard, they would kill it and I could have it!

Good thing you mentioned where you got the blank from! [:D]

Thanks. Yes, I believe it will be an attention getter.
As for the law against killing snakes, it is one of the least enforced and enforceable laws anywhere. I don't bother 'good' snakes that keep small critters under control. But, I'll kill a viper as soon as I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom