Desk Set with BOW pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from allenworsham

allenworsham

The past few months I haven't gotten too much done in the shop due to the heat as well as being busy helping my wife move her special education autistic class to another school. I have much of my garage filled with various boxes and special ed equipment, so it was difficult to move machines around and, for some reson, my wife didn't want saw dust all over her things. But now that we got her finally moved in and her stuff out of the garage, I can hang up my tool belt and get back to doing some projects that have been put on the back burner.

A few months back I made a desk set for a friend at church who is the new principal for new Christian high school in our city. The pens were made out of cocbolo. But once he saw some of my pens in BOW, he wanted another set. So I made up a couple of BOW elongated closed ends pens using "Comfot Pen" kits finished with CA. I also made up 2 different bases with 1 in maple and the other in walnut. I had the laser etching done by Ken at Kallenshaan Woods, and he did a great job as usual. I made the 2 different bases because I wanted to give my client the choice since we have some contrastig woods. I also wanted to see how well the laser etching would turn out in darker wood. So which ever one my client doesn't take, I will keep as a sample for future clients.

Attachments

• Maple Base 1.JPG
    Maple Base 1.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 179
  • Maple Base 3.jpg
    Maple Base 3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Walnut Base 1.JPG
    Walnut Base 1.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Walnut Base 3.JPG
    Walnut Base 3.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

VisExp

That's a very nice looking pen set Allen. I don't think your friend could go wrong with either the maple or the walnut base, they both look good to me.

Top Bottom