Desk Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Desk set for a customer, classic American in tulipwood with CA finish. My photos still lack clarity, but comments are appreciated. Regards, Rob

200662904922_set.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

challagan

Excellent work Rob! Beautiful set! How did that pencil turn out. Are those Berea kits? How did the pencil turn out, I assume it works ok? I have one to make as well... just wondering, heard it was a tough kit.

Corey

Rob

Thanks for the compliments. It is a set from Berea. I have found that the pencils aren't that bad, but attention to tube length is critical. I always clean the upper blank (center band area) brass tube with a fine round file before assembly to make sure it doesn't bind the transmission for the pencil. This set worked very nicely and very smoothly extends and retracts the pencil lead. I'm far from the expert that normally posts here, but I have learned that with some of these kits that it really pays to take my time putting them together. I delivered the set to the customer today. It is to be presented to a couple that is celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. The customer was very happy with them and their display case. Hope the newlyweds like them too!

Regards, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom