Desk Pen (I need some help here)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ldb2000

ldb2000

Hi Everyone
This is a "Desk Pen" or so the LOML says and as such don't need a clip but I think it looks "NAKED"[:I][:I][:I]
It is made out of "Midnight" acrylic from WPP (it smelled like melting film while turning so I assume it's a type of celluloid)
it turned REAL nice and threaded like a charm .
So does it need a clip or not
As always comments are welcome

kitlessdesk.jpg

kitlessdesk2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

spitfire

1st off, let me say I think it looks amazing! I thin either way you choose it will look great, I don't think the clip will make or break the deal. I know not much help [:eek:)]

Texatdurango

Welcome to the world of "Does it need a clip or not?" :D

In the past few months I have made quite a few customized pens and have tried dozens of clips and different ideas and have had people look at my pens and have had several positive comments about the pens without clips.

Aside from the pens I carry in my shirt pocket, I have started carrying a nice fountain pen in a leather pouch in my pocket. It does not need a pocket clip so it doesn't have one! I have gotten lots of nice compliments but not one person has asked... "where's the clip?"

Looks good to me.

stevers

I had the same question on one of my first closed enders. It was a Euro and I felt it looked "naked" as well. Sense then, I have become accustomed to it, and a couple others I have made.
I feel yours looks great. The beauty of a "desk pen" is, they look their best when in a desk set holder, not laying on the desk.

ldb2000

Thank you everyone for all the kind words .
Ok "Clipless it is" ....I still think it looks naked[:I].
For all you Fountain Pen fans out there I did'nt forget about you so heres part 2 ;

kitlessdesk3.jpg

Same pen Different grip/nib
I did'nt get it finished till last night and was too tired to post it[|)]

Top Bottom