Desire in Irish Bog Oak & Sceptre in Buckeye Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kyaggie

kyaggie

Hello all,

Here are some shots of a Lazerlinz Stainless Desire wrapped by some almost black Irish Bog Oak and a PSI Rhodium/22 ct Gold Broadwell Nouveau Sceptre with a JoWo fine point steel nib (Meister Nibs) wrapped in Buckeye Burl. Both are finished with Wood Doctor's Pens Plus and the Microcrystalline Wax.

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Attachments

• Desire1.jpg
    Desire1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 201
  • Desire3.jpg
    Desire3.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 237
  • Sceptre1.jpg
    Sceptre1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 189
  • Sceptre2.jpg
    Sceptre2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Sceptre3.jpg
    Sceptre3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

IBO is one of my favorite woods and it really looks great on that component set. That said, the BEB on the N. Sceptre is spectacular. Great F&F on both pens. Well done.

kyaggie

Thanks for the nice comments, folks! I am a HUGE fan of the Desire (and Liberty) from Lazerlinz... that solid stainless feels so nice and knowing it's US made and will never wear out is icing on the cake. That IBO Desire is for a good friend's retirement... the solid stainless just seems like a natural fit for 4000 year old wood.

This is the first Nouveau Sceptre that I have done and I'm impressed. The hardware feels very nice and it has a nice flashy design without going over the top (IMHO). Flashy hardware seemed to need some flashy buckeye burl! Just to make sure that I had changed the nib out correctly, I went ahead and inked it up (I used the converter to flush it out and then let the nib assembly stand on a paper towel to wick out the remaining water) and wow does that JoWo nib write smooth!

Thanks again,
Mike

Top Bottom