Designer and Comfort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JCochrun

JCochrun

The Designer is purple acrylic. The Comfort is stabilized blue box elder.

Photo question....How do you all take the pictures of your pens? Seems like all the other pen pictures are so much better than mine. Just want to make sure that my pictures show off the pens well enough.

Thanks,

Jim

Attachments

• Comfort Style Blue Box Elder 2.jpg
    Comfort Style Blue Box Elder 2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Comfort Style Blue Box Elder.jpg
    Comfort Style Blue Box Elder.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Designer Purple Acrylic.jpg
    Designer Purple Acrylic.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 151

76winger

It looks like you're taking flash pictures, which is how I started out as well. I'd take about 50 pictures just to get 4 or 5 "decent" ones. But since then I've changed just about everything from getting a new camera that has some flexibility to making a photo booth to help keep things consistent for me. You can see a thread of my learning experience in this older thread I started:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1156380#post1156380

There's also many different techniques for using natural lighting and you'll find some discussion on those in the Pen Photography forum as well. Check that forum out for lots of good ideas on improving your results!

rizaydog

I bought a cheap photo tent on ebay recently that works well. It was 24"x24" so I can photo bowls and other large items. It came with 2 lights and a tripod. The tripod sux but the lights are good. Cost $50 shipped.

Top Bottom