Desert Ironwood Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ike

ike

This is my first Majestic, done in my favorite wood, Desert Ironwood.

Attachments

• Ironwood_Majestic_IAP1.JPG
    Ironwood_Majestic_IAP1.JPG
    158.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Ironwood_Majestic_IAP2.JPG
    Ironwood_Majestic_IAP2.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 285
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

Beautiful pen! DIW burl is one of my favourite woods. I'm working on one now.. on a Jr. Statesman. But I find that the tiny "cracks"- really they're breaks in the wood from the twisted grain- are taking forever to fill in with thin coats of CA. Did you have any issues finishing your pen? I'd like a shiny smooth surface, but frankly it may take ages to fill all these in.. am thinking of leaving them. Thoughts, anyone?

ike

Beautiful pen! DIW burl is one of my favourite woods. I'm working on one now.. on a Jr. Statesman. But I find that the tiny "cracks"- really they're breaks in the wood from the twisted grain- are taking forever to fill in with thin coats of CA. Did you have any issues finishing your pen? I'd like a shiny smooth surface, but frankly it may take ages to fill all these in.. am thinking of leaving them. Thoughts, anyone?

I have not done a piece of DIW burl, otherwise no problems. DIW finishes real smooth on its own and the CA goes on easily. I am currently hunting down some burl blanks, I'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom