Desert Ironwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

This is a Jr.StatesmanII made from one of the free blanks that I got from Mr. Bill. It's finished with friction polish and a top coat of Ren-Wax. Thanks for looking and I'm open for comments!
StatesIIDesIron.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

Very nice work. My choice for dark woods is gold fittings. But that's a matter of personal taste. I have used some of Bill's desert ironwood and think it is a great wood both for working and beauty. Several folks have shown off pens made with his free blanks. Does anyone ever actually buy blanks from him? [:)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Very nice work. My choice for dark woods is gold fittings. But that's a matter of personal taste. I have used some of Bill's desert ironwood and think it is a great wood both for working and beauty. Several folks have shown off pens made with his free blanks. Does anyone ever actually buy blanks from him? [:)]

Guess I have to eat some of my words. [:I] A couple weeks ago I made two Barons from African Blackwood, it's kinda dark [:p], one had polished platinum fittings and the other was satin plat. Both are quite handsome, if I don't say so myself. But woods like my personal afzelia burl, the big leaf maple burls, etc. that are golden brown dark, I still prefer gold hardware. Munch, munch.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone, appreciate all the nice comments! Bill's Ironwood is some of the nicest I've seen. It sure keeps me coming back for more! [:D]

Bill has a way of getting you to keep ordering, keep offering free candie. I look forward to seeing a surprise when I order from him. remember Cracker Jacks?
Great looking pen and excellent finish. Dont feel guilty at all, if you do you can give it to me and i wont make you feel bad.

timdaleiden

Originally posted by oobak
<br />Bill has a way of getting you to keep ordering, keep offering free candie. I look forward to seeing a surprise when I order from him. remember Cracker Jacks?

You mean he used to include Cracker Jacks too????[;)] Darn, I missed out on that. [V] Wait...maybe I read that wrong...anyway Bill does a great job.

Edit: Ooops, forgot to mention the pen looks great, I like the matching threads better on these.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone! The free blanks are a nice touch and a smart business move on Bill's part, but it's also his way of saying "thank you" which we all appreciate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom