Denver in Ocean Depths Swirl - First* Custom Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ChrisN

ChrisN

My first* custom fountain pen! I have dubbed this style "Denver". It features straight barrels with a slightly tapered section. Finials & section are made from Royal Blue Metallic from Exotic Blanks, and the body & cap are made from a blank I got from fool4peppers that I'm going to call "Ocean Depths".:)

C001-2-resize.jpg C001-3-resize.jpg C001-6-resize.jpg C001-7-resize.jpg

Cap diameter is ~14.5mm, and body diameter is ~13.5mm. OAL is ~136.5mm. It is fitted with a medium Jowo polished steel nib.

C001-1-resize.jpg C001-4-resize.jpg C001-5-resize.jpg

Constructive criticism welcome!

*I did make one out of clear acrylic, but that was just a practice piece so it doesn't count!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Chris, Holy Moly...that is your first custom fountain pen.... Can't wait to see the ones to come!:) It's a gorgeous pen! You truly have the artistic eye with your choice of colors, accents, shape and profile...
Constructive Criticism.... Hmmm..
Lol....Does the fact that it's not in my possession count.:wink:
Doc:)

seamus7227

Exquisite! I love the complimentary colors as well! Deserving of front page for sure! At first glance i thought the finial ends were the atrax components that were painted or something.

DLGunn

I love some blue and gray (high school colors). Beautiful pen. Honestly, that is probably my favorite pen of all the pens I've seen posted here.

Last edited:

ChrisN

Thanks, guys!

it's awesome! And my favorite color! Any advice on getting started in kitless?

Research - a lot of research. There's a few articles in the library that get into kitless pen making. Also, read the Advanced Pen Making forum. There are several good threads in there about getting started. Oh, practice is good, too! :biggrin:

Top Bottom