Default Manu Propria Pens - Dairiseki-Negoro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from manupropria

manupropria

This is the latest pen I made with a new simple urushi lacquer called "Dairiseki-Negoro".
Dairiseki = Marble. Ebonite, Total length 150 mm, Length barrel with 18 kt. gold nib: 135 mm, Diameter 17/16 mm.
Enjoy weekend

Cheers,

Martin

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Beautiful pens. Would be a better with a bit more light to show detail. Thanks for sharing.
Had a hunch from the name and I guessed right. I did a search for "urushi finish." Read "Why we don't use urushi finish." The sap from the Kiurushi tree is the same substance that we get from poison ivy. No thanks.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful pens. Would be a better with a bit more light to show detail. Thanks for sharing.
Had a hunch from the name and I guessed right. I did a search for "urushi finish." Read "Why we don't use urushi finish." The sap from the Kiurushi tree is the same substance that we get from poison ivy. No thanks.

Urushi is no more dangerous than the cashew nuts that are sold in stores everywhere. Eat the green fresh picked cashew from the tree and then break out in the same kind of rash that one gets from poison oak/ivy. Urushi as a finish is like the cashew nuts in a jar, safe. It has been transformed catalized et cetera.

MikeL

All your pens are very well done however, this is near the top of my favorite. Must be the shape and color combo that sets it above the rest for me. Very nice pen!

OZturner

Glorious Pen Martin.
Fantastic Profile and Proportions, with Beautiful Rounded Closed Ends
Magnificent Machining, Fit and Divine Red and Black "Dairiseki" Finish.
As Spectacular as Ever.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Top Bottom