Deer Tine Finial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from firewhatfire

firewhatfire

Here is what will most likely be my last pen for a couple of weeks. I have to work 48 hours between mow and Tuesday monring at 0630 then 1 off day and work 1 more shift. Then I get to experience a new thing for me. I get to go Deep Sea Fishing on a 10 hour trip out of Panama City Beach in Florida.

I just hope the tremors from the DT's stop before I go fishing. Let me know what you think and as always thanks for looking.
DeerTine004.jpg

DeerTine003.jpg

DeerTine001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveWatson

I like the idea...goodness knows there are always enough tines laying about if you've made very many antler pens. I have done that a couple of times but I actually stuck it in the metal lathe and turned it to give it a similar shape to the original finial. If the tine is large enough it will give you plenty of material to trim to true the otherwise useless tine (for pen making anyhow) to the dimensions needed for a good fit in the tube. But I do like the natural look you have there. I even tried to make a tip out of antler but scrapped the idea because I was worried it would be too easy to break if you are an aggressive writer....(or an excellent pen dropper like me).

Top Bottom