Deer antler & Snakeskin on a stretched Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

404775_302738229786249_100001502242963_808548_1278143488_n.jpg

This one is a salvage job. The blanks were intended for a Navigator if I'm not mistaken. This means the top tube us longer than usual. The bottom tube WAS snakeskin, but it failed. A wrinkle in the skin broke through right at the nib, and I tried to mill past it, but the resin shattered. Dad had the idea to try out deer antler, so I went with it. I like the look, but neither one of is sure if it's really very eye pleasing. Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Coysquibbly

Well there you have it. It is technically not a good save until someone other than you suggests it. I would have to say that the pen done in one or the other might have looked slightly better, but it was a good Save!!!!:biggrin:

Kindest Regards,

Kevin

Drstrangefart

Well there you have it. It is technically not a good save until someone other than you suggests it. I would have to say that the pen done in one or the other might have looked slightly better, but it was a good Save!!!!:biggrin:

Kindest Regards,

Kevin

BELIEVE ME, it still stings that this one wasn't all snakeskin. But, no sense wasting a good barrel.

jaeger

Nice save. When you sell it, don't mention that it was a Plan B attempt. Just tell them what it is and a little bit about how you made it. Tell them it's a walk on the Wild Side!

IF I sell it. They haven't been moving too fast. Still working on finding consistent sales outlets.

Sometimes, just happen to have a couple on you can result in a sale. I try to carry a couple in the plastic tubes that PSI sells. I don't take them everywhere but if I go somewhere where I know there is going to be a few people there chances are I will have some with me. They won't buy them if you just tell them about them. They have to see them. Make sure you have some business cards with you at all times with your phone number and email.

I have had one person buy over 20 pens from me, 1-2 at a time. I just happened to have a few to show him one day.
Check out this link:
FAQ

Jgrden

I really appreciate everything you did and the final looks of the pen. Wonderful work on the antler, nice save on the skin. This will attract one person who wants it and I would expose it often.

Drstrangefart

Nice save. When you sell it, don't mention that it was a Plan B attempt. Just tell them what it is and a little bit about how you made it. Tell them it's a walk on the Wild Side!

IF I sell it. They haven't been moving too fast. Still working on finding consistent sales outlets.

Sometimes, just happen to have a couple on you can result in a sale. I try to carry a couple in the plastic tubes that PSI sells. I don't take them everywhere but if I go somewhere where I know there is going to be a few people there chances are I will have some with me. They won't buy them if you just tell them about them. They have to see them. Make sure you have some business cards with you at all times with your phone number and email.

I have had one person buy over 20 pens from me, 1-2 at a time. I just happened to have a few to show him one day.
Check out this link:
FAQ

I do usually have 5 or 6 different ones on me MOST of the time. Gotten a few sales like that, but nothing too recent.

Drstrangefart

I really appreciate everything you did and the final looks of the pen. Wonderful work on the antler, nice save on the skin. This will attract one person who wants it and I would expose it often.

Thanks! Every time I turn antler I like it a little more. I've been showing it as often as I can.

Top Bottom