Deer Antler/Black Acrylic slims

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

My sister-in-law wanted me to make these two pens for her husband. She wanted the lower section to be deer antler and the top to be black acrylic to represent an arrow shaft. She decided on a gun metal slim kit for it as well. I like the pen on the left the best. I barely had enough antler for the one on the right, but it all worked out none the less. I delivered them on Sunday and he and her both really liked them.

Sorry for the pictures, they were quickly taken so I didn't have time to setup to take better ones.

IMAG0146.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

Looks nice Todd, Great finish.

Why didnt she want real arrow shafts?

Because the one she gave me was super cheap plastic and only about half of one and I figured it just wouldn't hold up well enough. Figured better to use a more reliable material and she had even said she thought about having me use ebony or acrylic instead anyhow. So that is what I thought would work best. Besides, being family I didn't want a phone call in a couple days telling me it had cracked or broke hehehehe.

ctubbs

I am glad you like the left one, I'll take the one on the right. Todd, you did an excellent job on both pens. That is a tough job to make a slim look that good. Congratulations.
Charles

wizard

Todd, Both very nice pens with great finish. Looks like some tough slimlines to make but you did a great job. Thanks for showing. Regards, Doc

Top Bottom