Deep Space

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Squeezed this one in tonight. This time I want for a Blk Ti Jr. Gent II with one of my home cast blanks. This one came out really cool if I do say so myself. Reverse painted black to really bring it together. I added a nice touch with a matching cap finial. Finish is MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Thanks for looking!

100_3072582x700.jpg
100_3082587x700.jpg
100_3088638x700.jpg
100_3097583x700.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Johnathan, if I made that pen I would be showing it off to everyone. For some reason it does not "look like" one of your blanks, with lots of brighter color. I guess I am used to seeing your brighter colored blanks, so for me; I guess I expect something different then the dark pen. (Here comes the poker sticks and axes as the angry villagers try to chase me out of town.

Turned Around

beautiful casting. i woulnd't mind trying them out if i knew i could get the same results a lot of y ou guys have been getting with your finished pens.

and what do you mean by 'reverse painted'? i'm still new at the pen stuff and still learning the termanology

Last edited:

PTownSubbie

Man....I thought we were friends! You need to stop showing me up!!:biggrin:

Nice looking pen! I need more training Sensai! (Bows with respect)

As usual....it is a keeper....

Jim Burr

Banned
Johnathan,
First...Amazing blank and pen!!
Second...could you get the same reverse result from painiting the tube?

moke

Johnathon,
As for the reverse painting....I have been vasilating back and forth...sometimes when I have a blank like that, (not that I have ever used a blank of that quality) I think I should paint it white inside, because I think it makes it "pop" more then other times I think I should go with black as it is more "forgiving"...what were your thoughts?

EarlD

Another great creation, Jonathan! I really like dark blanks with Black TI Jr. Gents.

Earl

Brooks803

Johnathan, if I made that pen I would be showing it off to everyone. For some reason it does not "look like" one of your blanks, with lots of brighter color. I guess I am used to seeing your brighter colored blanks, so for me; I guess I expect something different then the dark pen. (Here comes the poker sticks and axes as the angry villagers try to chase me out of town.

Lol...no offense taken. Honest feedback is quite alright in my book. Seeing it in person it looks very different, and actually brighter. There are alot of translucent colors and with the light hitting it it takes on a whole other look.

beautiful casting. i woulnd't mind trying them out if i knew i could get the same results a lot of y ou guys have been getting with your finished pens.

and what do you mean by 'reverse painted'? i'm still new at the pen stuff and still learning the termanology

Thanks! Reverse painting is the process of painting the inside of the blank after drilling for the tube. It helps with blanks that are either clear or very see through. With this pen in particular there are many translucent colors and had I not reverse painted you could see right through it.

Man....I thought we were friends! You need to stop showing me up!!:biggrin:

Nice looking pen! I need more training Sensai! (Bows with respect)

As usual....it is a keeper....

Lol...you must learn young grasshopper...after showing out with an amazing blank like your tortiose you must expect to be served a large slice of humble pie :worship::worship::worship::cake: <----- they were out of pie but had cake on sale :biggrin:

Johnathan,
First...Amazing blank and pen!!
Second...could you get the same reverse result from painiting the tube?

Thanks Jim. I actually do both. I reverse paint and paint the tube. With only painting the tube you run the chance of seeing the glue layer between blank and tube. So I try to play it safe with my really see thru stuff.

Johnathon,
As for the reverse painting....I have been vasilating back and forth...sometimes when I have a blank like that, (not that I have ever used a blank of that quality) I think I should paint it white inside, because I think it makes it "pop" more then other times I think I should go with black as it is more "forgiving"...what were your thoughts?

With the majority of blanks I've done I've always found it best to try and match whatever color is translucent. Reson being that if you use a different color all together you run the risk of alterting all the colors in the blank. If it's not an already light colored blank white has a tendancy to wash out colors. Black seems to be my go to colors, but I use alot of black in my blanks so it works. Shoot me a PM if you have a particular blank you're working with and have issues with a good reverse paint choice.

Top Bottom