Deep Purple Clicker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

This is for a co worker, She asked if I could do this shape in a custom pen for her. She picked the color and left the kit up to me, so I went with the long click so that there was no center band or moving parts in the center so as not to distract from the shape. The blank is reverse painted white, wet sanded to 1500 then plastix polished and buffed.
Any Comments Welcome, Thanks for looking. :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG0045.jpg
    CIMG0045.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 483
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bensoelberg

Great looking pen! Now, because of the thread a couple of days ago asking about photographing purple pens I'm curious- how accurately does your photo reflect the actual color of the pen? If it is accurate, what method did you use to get the color correct?

maxman400

Great looking pen! Now, because of the thread a couple of days ago asking about photographing purple pens I'm curious- how accurately does your photo reflect the actual color of the pen? If it is accurate, what method did you use to get the color correct?
It is very very close to the right color, It was shot in Florescent lighting (using daylight bulbs). I used the manual white balance feature on my camera and an 18% gray scale card to set it to the right balance, prior to setting it the pen and the background looked kind of a blueish color in the camera. The camera is a "CASIO EXILIM" point and shoot camera and out of the four that I have it is the only one that has this feature. I got the information about the gray scale card from the Photo Section in the IAP library, hope this helps.
:)

studioso

It is very very close to the right color, It was shot in Florescent lighting (using daylight bulbs). I used the manual white balance feature on my camera and an 18% gray scale card to set it to the right balance, prior to setting it the pen and the background looked kind of a blueish color in the camera. The camera is a "CASIO EXILIM" point and shoot camera and out of the four that I have it is the only one that has this feature. I got the information about the gray scale card from the Photo Section in the IAP library, hope this helps.
:)

Unless these are a new kind of cards, you should know that the classic 18% gray cards will not necesserely give you the right color: they are meant to calibrate exposure, not white balance. But of course, I can't deny that this magnificent pen seems to be captured quite well in your pic!

Top Bottom