Decoupage Sheet Music

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hewunch

hewunch

I took my favorite hymn, decoupaged it to a sierra blank. Built up the finish with thin, med and thick CA until I could turn it back down to a Vista size and this is what I got. Comments welcome.

Attachments

• itiswellserria.jpg
    itiswellserria.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 408
  • itiswellserria3.jpg
    itiswellserria3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 330
  • itiswellserria2.jpg
    itiswellserria2.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

t001xa22

I really like your pen, and your layout. Compared to the one I did recently, yours is so much bolder and easier to read. With so many music buffs in the family, if I can do it anywhere near as nicely as you did, I think Christmas for these folks might be a lot nicer. Congrats on a beautiful job, and thank you for the idea for my family members.

Attachments

• JazzDiplomat1.jpg
    JazzDiplomat1.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 233
  • JazzDiplomat2.jpg
    JazzDiplomat2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 158
  • JazzDiplomat3.jpg
    JazzDiplomat3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 232
  • JazzDiplomat4.jpg
    JazzDiplomat4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 213

firewhatfire

What glue did you use to put it on the tube? My daughter is requesting a pen similar to that for her band director or both of them for Christmas. I think I will pour resin over them as opposed to builing up glue.

I like it by the way

Phil

Last edited:

wiset1

What glue did you use to put it on the tube? My daughter is requesting a pen similar to that for her band director or both of them for Christmas. I think I will pour resin over them as opposed to builing up glue.

I like it by the way

Phil

If you watch the Decoupage video from PSI they use the Scotch 3M Quick Dry Adhesive. I wanted to know this as well since I'm getting ready to try this. Drys clear and bonds to just about anything without bleading through most papers.

Hope that helps, but I'm sure Hans will chime in on the adhesive used for this pen.

hewunch

I used Mod Podge Matte-Mat. I got it at Hobby Lobby. I put some under the paper and some over the paper and let it dry. Trim up the ends with a razor and then seal it with thin, then build multiple layers of Med and Thick until I reached a thickness a little bigger than the bushings. I then turned it down to the bushings and polished it out.

Top Bottom