Decora & Stressing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

Here is an order I had to finish, Decora tortoise & dalmation fountains.

I wish people would buy off the rack instead of putting in orders this time of year, can't take the pressure. [:eek:)]

One of my best sellers was the crushed ice decora which I don't think is available any more, that was nice stuff. If any body has any of those blanks, I would be willing to buy them. Thanks for looking, Anthony

20041215151632_DSC00996.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jkirkb94

Wow! I really like those pens. I know what you mean about custom orders. I have been showing my present collection without stressing that I will do a custom work. Did sell a pen last pm that I had had for a while. Beautiful piece of light colored, highly figured, Honduran Rosewood in a European pen. With my other pens it didn't exactly stand out but luckily it did for one person. BTW, where did you get the dalmation blanks? Kirk[8D]

PenWorks

Kirk, I think Bill has some and CS still has some. I remember I bought a bunch when I heard they were going to be discontinued. I am still looking for the crushed ice. Anthony

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Beautiful pens.... I know what you mean about special order stress.... I had a customer special order 3 Perfect Fit Convertables to be delivered this Saturday... 2 deer antler and one corn cob... of course the temps just took a nose dive to the 20's here and I work in an unheated garage... off to borrow my FIL's kerosene heater to get the place workable.. LOL ...
Well at least the customer did not say a word when I quoted the price... and gave me a deposit...

Fred in NC

Great news, Tom, even for a last minute order.

Tom, I can relate to the unheated garage. It is 34 here right now. I have a kerosene heater, and I worry about wood dust catching fire. I put a fire extinguiser near the door. I am not sure it will do much good. I am doing whatever I can in the house, like glueups, trim etc. Even considering bringing in the lathe, which is on wheels anyway. Good luck, Tom!

PenWorks

Tom, I can't even imagine how it is in your shop, Hell I'm cold in Arizona ! I wonder how safe it is to heat a shop ? Kind of scares me, but I saw RT's place and it looks pretty cozy in there.
Your client did you right as well, he should have no quams about whatever price you quote for special orders at this time of year. Thanks for looking and break out the thermals. Anthony

WoodChucker

Anthony, those are really nice looking pens. Just curious, do you charge more for pens when you have to make something that's not on the rack? Thanks!

R.T.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Beautiful pens Anthony, I had never seen that medium in a pen before, simply awesome[:)]

And as far as heat, its cold here in VA, too. But I must tout the single little oil filled electric heater is keeping my 24x24 shop at a comfortable level...considering buying stock in that co.

JohnPayton

its_virgil

CSUSA had 4 or 5 large boxes or maybe more of the dalmation blanks, 1 foot long, at their garage sale in Provo at the symposium this past summer. I got 10 of them. Maybe they still have some of them left. Maybe a phone call.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by jkirkb94
<br />Wow! I really like those pens. I know what you mean about custom orders. I have been showing my present collection without stressing that I will do a custom work. Did sell a pen last pm that I had had for a while. Beautiful piece of light colored, highly figured, Honduran Rosewood in a European pen. With my other pens it didn't exactly stand out but luckily it did for one person. BTW, where did you get the dalmation blanks? Kirk[8D]

dougle40

Anthony,
Those are absolutely gorgeous pens .
Has anyone ever thought about adding initials to the top cap to make a pen even more personal ?
I just received my catalog from Berea and noticed these there and thought , what a great selling point for an , what a lot of people would think is , expensive pen .
http://www.penkits.com/pips.htm

PenWorks

RT. I do not charge any more for custom orders, but they do not get any price breaks. Say if this guy bought these two off the rack, I would have cut him some slack for the package. [:)]

Don, I was planning on going to Provo this year,& the gagage sale, but my brother in law picks that week to get married. I was pissed, needless to say I did not make him a pen for a wedding gift. [:(!]

its_virgil

I forgot to say that the pens look really nice. Are the two blanks the same material? I've made some pens from the dalmation I bought. Is the tortoise shell the same material as the dalmation?
You should go to Provo this next summer if you get the chance. It was great. The yahoo penturners have a gedt-to-gether to visit and meet each other. Maybe we should try to do the same. Or maybe at the AAW in Kansas City.
Do a good turn daily!'
Don
Originally posted by penworks
<br />Here is an order I had to finish, Decora tortoise & dalmation fountains.

I wish people would buy off the rack instead of putting in orders this time of year, can't take the pressure. [:eek:)]

One of my best sellers was the crushed ice decora which I don't think is available any more, that was nice stuff. If any body has any of those blanks, I would be willing to buy them. Thanks for looking, Anthony

20041215151632_DSC00996.jpg

PenWorks

Don, the tortoise is the same material, there was 4 all together, this photo is the crushed ice I am looking for. There was one another, midnight blue I think, I was able to keep one fountain in that, it's at home. I kept these for my personal stash until I can find some more. If I am not mistaken, I heard this stuff was manufactured in Italy.

I have plans on going to Provo next year, unless something comes up again.

20041215183441_DSC01002.jpg

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
If I can get SWMBO to let loose the purse strings it is going to be either Provo or AAW in KC for me this year.. most likely KC since I do more than pens...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom