Deco pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I was playing in the garage last night and came up with a Deco pen.
Baron style that consists of Osage Orange, Paduak, Curly Maple, and Purple Heart.
As always comments and concerns are welcome.

Decoclosed1.jpg

Decoclosed2.jpg

Decoopen4.jpg

Decoopen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

That looks like a really nice pen, but the photo is overexposed by at least 1.5-2 stops. Is that an inlay or laminated?

Ron Mc

It's laminated.
All of a sudden I am having problems with my camera. I need to check to see if one of the settings was changed and try again.
Thanks

JimGo

Ron,
The colors go well together, but I like some of your others better. I'm not exactly sure why; maybe it's the curly maple as the background color. I guess I tend to prefer darker pens (though I didn't realize it 'till just now).

Ron Mc

Jim,
I was wondering how members would react to the colors and choice of a lighter base wood on this pen. It's interesting that most of the pens that are posted are of a darker nature. After I finished this one up at first I was not very happy with the overall look of it but after seeing it several times I have found that it grows on you. I was planning on spending some time with the miter saw tonight making one that had a bloodwood base but it looks as though I will be spending my play time with my camera trying to figure out what happened.
Billy,
Glad you like it. It is "pretty cool" and I look forward to seeing the next one!

DWK5150

I kindalike the way that looks. One thing I would change though is instead of curly maple go to a birdseye maple with tons of eyes in it. I think that would add a lot of charecter to it.

Ron Mc

Thanks for the comments everyone.
Sam, I looked at some art Deco items before I designed this pen to try to make sure it resembled the style of art. As soon as I figure out how to cut a circle with my miter saw I'll be adding a circle to one of the 5 in the series.

BigRob777

Ron,
I like it, including the colors. I think that I like the top best, as the padauk isn't up against the purpleheart as much. I would have liked bloodwood, over the padauk too. Still, it is a <b>very</b> nice pen, as one who loves curly maple.
Rob

Ron Mc

Rob,
I see what you mean. The next one may only consist of Curly Maple, Blood wood and ebony.
This should be a great combination in this style of design.

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Rob,
I see what you mean. The next one may only consist of Curly Maple, Blood wood and ebony.
This should be a great combination in this style of design.
That sounds good[;)] I would move to your drill press for them round cuts[:D]

Ron Mc

Jim,
The problem is then I have to cut the round piece of wood that would go in the hole I drilled. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom