Decided to dust off the pressure pot...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

I've been having some ideas for a while for some blanks and finally got around to testing them out. So far so good I think. Neither are groundbreaking but there's definitely potential for further experiments. I just wish my pressure pot could hold more molds! Guess I might need to find a few more pots :rolleyes: I'm gonna leave the contents of the blanks well...blank for now so yall can have some fun guessing. They're not difficult at all but could still be fun. As always thanks for looking and for any comments/feedback!

First is a Chrome Zen. Reverse painted black and it has a CA finish to it.

100_3278608x700.jpg
100_3284654x700.jpg
100_3291607x700.jpg

And your closeup:

100_3288700x697.jpg

2nd is also a Chrome Zen (can't you tell I really like this kit:biggrin:). The blank was also reverse painted black. Finish was only MM to 12000 and PlastX

100_3296599x700.jpg
100_3308641x700.jpg
100_3316645x700.jpg

The Closeup:

100_3317690x700.jpg

Again, Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pens Jonathan!

It looks like a horse may either be going hungry since his lunch is in the first one, or they're missing some hair. :rolleyes:

The second one .... IDK :eek:. Left overs?

ToddMR

Looks like shredded wheat to me. Very nice pen indeed. Good experiments for whatever it is Jonathan.

Bobalu

Very unique and quite attractive. The second one would be my favorite.

My guess on the first is it's a spice, like thyme. Just can't remember which one I'm thinking of.

Second one looks like you drilled several blanks for the Zen, turned them down below bushing height, cut them into segments, course crushed them with a hammer, and then glued them randomly onto the tube before embedding in PR

Brooks803

Very unique and quite attractive. The second one would be my favorite.

My guess on the first is it's a spice, like thyme. Just can't remember which one I'm thinking of.

Second one looks like you drilled several blanks for the Zen, turned them down below bushing height, cut them into segments, course crushed them with a hammer, and then glued them randomly onto the tube before embedding in PR

Lol..Bob, I'm not that patient! It's not exactly leftovers or cutoffs though. The pieces were cast to be used as they were. No cutting or glueing at all.

There are some close guesses for the 1st blank! Not quite there though. It's not a spice or hay/straw either :wink:

Lenny

I don't know what it is but my first reaction seeing it was that it compares favorably with Black w/Gold Matrix tru-stone! I like it! :)

The Zen is one of my favorites as well! I could play with that magnetic cap all day! :biggrin:

Drstrangefart

Nice. I keep wanting to do something dumb and cast some not-so-legal plants and make pens out of them. That being said, I know better, and have no other use for them whatsoever anymore. I wonder if you could cast toilet paper like that, just because.

EarlD

Jonathon, the Spanish Moss is really neat. Makes a very nice, and unusual pen. On the other one, are you saying you cast the 7 pieces individually, then recast them together with black resin?

EarlD

Brooks803

I cast some spanish moss a few months back. Was trying to make a faux cactus blank. Looks similar. I think I packed my moss in too tightly, yours looks better being more sparse...

Thanks Jeremy. That was kinda what I was going for as well. I had a cactus blank blow up beyond repair last week so I went my own route with that as inspiration. I packed mine pretty tight, but layered in the resin to try and get the look I have.

Jonathon, the Spanish Moss is really neat. Makes a very nice, and unusual pen. On the other one, are you saying you cast the 7 pieces individually, then recast them together with black resin?

EarlD

Yup, that's exactly what I did Earl. I've got a few other blanks with a more controlled color scheme to it. This one was my trial blank and I'll get to the others sooner or later. I've saved a couple of both of these blanks for the cast away III box if I ever get a chance to claim it (hint hint Eric!) :tongue:

Haynie

You used the medical Marijuana card to procure the substance in number one. Or grass clippings.

No idea what number 2 could be

hewunch

I hope the spanish moss still had chiggers. So that is a few more of them sneaky bugs off the planet.

Top Bottom