Decal Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wouldentu2?

wouldentu2?

Several decal pens I have made using purchased decals.

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 387
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Very Nice! I really like the pens. What is the top of the cigar pen made of? Is that a white decal or a white material turned with a clear decal on top? The only thing that might improve the pens would be something in blue and silver. You know maybe like a star. Great job.

ossaguy

Those look great!!!

....although,they would look better if they had a big bolt,with the word ''Chargers."

Steve

wouldentu2?

The left Streamline pen is Tamboti I think, with a Maple top, the bottom decal was purchased and the top I made with a clear decal on my ink jet printer. The maple makes it easier to see the printing from the printer.

The right Sierra style pen is Kingwood with a purchased Decal.

All are finished with CA. The purchased decals take about 12 coats due to the thickness of the decal. The inkjet decal takes 7 or 8 coats.

The purchased decals are sold as Tattoos, the type people put on their face and are available in every type of team.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The left Streamline pen is Tamboti I think, with a Maple top, the bottom decal was purchased and the top I made with a clear decal on my ink jet printer. The maple makes it easier to see the printing from the printer.

The right Sierra style pen is Kingwood with a purchased Decal.

All are finished with CA. The purchased decals take about 12 coats due to the thickness of the decal. The inkjet decal takes 7 or 8 coats.

The purchased decals are sold as Tattoos, the type people put on their face and are available in every type of team.

Thanks for sharing techniques! (I'm taking notes). :)

Again - Nice work!

keithbyrd

Nice job on the pens and the decals! I could use some lessons from you on making the edges disappear!!

I will probably start a heated discussion but:\There has been some discussion on here regarding selling sports team pens with decals etc. in the past. I have sold a couple but am always hesitant. Are you giving these as gifts, selling?

Last edited:

wouldentu2?

To make the edges disappear first apply several coats CA sand and polish to a shine then apply the decal and apply how many coats it takes to blend it in.

I don't sell them as the whole logo thing is murky.

keithbyrd

To make the edges disappear first apply several coats CA sand and polish to a shine then apply the decal and apply how many coats it takes to blend it in.

I don't sell them as the whole logo thing is murky.

Thanks for the quick tutorial!! Will give it a try this afternoon!

bjbear76

Nice job on the pens and the decals! I could use some lessons from you on making the edges disappear!!

I will probably start a heated discussion but:\There has been some discussion on here regarding selling sports team pens with decals etc. in the past. I have sold a couple but am always hesitant. Are you giving these as gifts, selling?

Keith, there have been discussions about this is the past. I think the general consensus is, selling these to the general public would not be a good idea. Right or wrong, it's just not worth the risk (and money) if someone wanted to make an issue of it. I do make these for family members and close friends. If a friend wants to reimburse me for the item, I'll suggest he treat me to dinner, a bottle of wine, or whatever. I even had my vet cut my dog's fee by half.
Depending on my craft venue, I will display a UC or Ohio State decal pen, more for a conversation starter and then explain I can't sell this one, but I can make you something similar.

Top Bottom