Decal fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Neededwill

Had some fun with a couple decal pens on spalted black line maple. I have to use a CA finish over the decals but I don't like a glossy smooth finish so I sand and keep it sorta grainy and matte. Hope you like them.

I want to say these pens are not for sale, they are for me or a family member so no rights violated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pauly99

Great looking! I've just printed a how to Decal Pens from the library and I've got the itch to make one this weekend. Off to Hobby Lobby I go today. What pen kits did you use?

Neededwill

I currently use only funline slimline 7mm. I find these are loved by most and I can make them thin or thicker with a little practice. But for decals the larger pens are better. I have found the right size decal I can use on these by trial and error.

Neededwill

I can share the measurements when I get back home to my laptop. That is where I create my decals. I am out of town currently. I do believe its .75 x .75 but I would rather check.

pauly99

Thanks. I appreciate it but don't go too much out of your way. The fun sometimes is in figuring stuff out yourself... and then messing up half a dozen times before you figure it out. I've got a couple of Saturn pens that I'll be working with.

Charlie_W

I found by using the advanced search and entering "Flamed CA Finish" and using Jonathon Brooks ...Brooks803 in the box as to who posted, you will find info regarding using a torch to flame the CA (after it is finished) and reduce the shine to a no shine finish. There were about a half a dozen posts there.
Pretty Cool!

Fyrpuppy

Very nice, I tried the decals once and it rolled up on me. May have not let it dry long enough before hitting it with the CA.

Top Bottom