Dead Wood Click Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxman400

maxman400

I have wanted to try this for a long time, But I could not find my skulls until the other day. This is grape wood cast in clear Alumilite, I drilled the blank one size bigger than 25/64" which gave me room to slide the skulls down inside the hole and soak with thin CA, after drying I reverse painted the blank with white paint (next time I think I will try white tubes) then inserted the tubes and soaked around them with thin CA again, trimmed and turned. It has a CA finish that's wet sanded to 1500 then plastix polished and buffed and is on a black ti click cigar. I wanted the Skulls behind the wood as if they were trapped inside looking out, the clear Alumilite lets you see all the edges of the wood. :biggrin:
Any Comments or questions welcome, and Thanks for Looking!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Deadwood 1.jpg
    Deadwood 1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Deadwood2.jpg
    Deadwood2.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 445
  • Deadwood3.jpg
    Deadwood3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 187
  • Deadwood4.jpg
    Deadwood4.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

What a wonderful mind to create such a magnificent pen. The wood is beautiful but the process of integrating the skulls into the pen and leaving the raw edges of the wood, wonderful! congratulations and thanks for shering.
Charles

wiset1

I'm so into the concept of this pen. The idea is fresh and offers impact to the viewer!!! Just AWESOME

maxman400

WOW!!! Thanks everyone for the Great feedback and comments and for taking the time to look. :biggrin:

great pen , are the skull pics or what
I got the skulls at Michael's craft supply's they are plastic confetti and are transparent which is why they need a white background. :)

Top Bottom