Day-Lilly pen finished.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

I gave a sneek peek of this the other day, but now it's done. This is the photo blank that Steve (Stevers) cast. My mother in law is big into daylillys and hybreeds them so this one was done for her. She thinks that there could be a nice market with her "lilly club" so I might be making more like this down the road. A good friend of my wife is a great painter and I might just get her to paint the tubes before casting. I think that could be a huge selling point, but I have to get my own casting set up before I go too far. I can't keep asking my bud Steve to make them for me! ;)

Anyway, here is the pen. Body and cap are both clear cast over decals.

911077.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

Sure you can Lee. I'm happy to do it. This was a great learning experience for us all. It prepared me for the WABDL pen.
Thanks for the kind words. I learned a lot from everyone here, and I really appreciate it.

Woodlvr

Steve, What is WABDL? Duh me- I cannot figure this out, but what's new about that, I am a blonde!! Thanks.

Mike

johnnycnc

The pen looks awesome,Lee!
It already looks hand-painted,I can't wait to see
one if you do get the tubes hand-painted.[:0]
So,did your mother in law receive this yet?

Firefyter-emt

Thanks guys.. She has not recieved it yet, she needs to wait untill this weekend for that.

I have 2 of these pens that are done now. Steve made me two sets of blanks so they are both done. My wife wanted me to make a cap in a sea-foam green Corian, which I did, however I hated the look and turned the rest of that corian blank as a Cigar and kept it black and white. I really love the black cap with the cigar kit. The black trimming works wonders with the black blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom