David Broadwell Art Deco Rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from seamus7227

seamus7227

Here is what i made today: The David Broadwell Art Deco Rollerball pen kit. The plating is Black Ti and Gold Ti; materials used: Mokume M3 from www.metalpenblanks.com and Black Pearl PR from www.exoticblanks.com

I took the picture using my new photo both! Comments, criticisms, critiques welcome. Thank you for viewing!

Attachments

• David Broadwell Art Deco rollerball.JPG
    David Broadwell Art Deco rollerball.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 487
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

You know, I'm not too sure i like this kit either. However, i really did enjoy discussing with its owner, the choice of materials to match it with. They turned nicely, and I love the contrast and similarities both have!

PenMan1

Seamus:
First, your photography is excellent. Much better quality photos than in previous posts. Second, your execution and choice of materials for this are also very good. I have never been a fan of the Deco (and I think you either love or hate this kit), but your work on this pen may make me reconsider purchasing one of these.

Very nicely done.

seamus7227

No reflection on the work..

Mom always told me if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

I'm not too sure that comment was intended to be negative. I felt like what he was saying was that because of the way I was able to make the finished pen look, that he may actually buy the kit and try one out himself! No offense taken. I still have much to learn, but always striving to get better.

avbill

Now you see I like the kit. And I like blank that was used on the kit also. They work together to build a winning combination. Now would I use this kit all the time. no It needs siren colored blanks to make everything work a buckeye burl would go well with it. Or a African Blackwood.

I like the Chrysler Building it one of the early 20th century buildings that has character.

Top Bottom