Daughters Pen (all wood Ice Cream Cone)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ilikewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikewood

Here is a pen my daughter and I made. She did most of the work, but due to its difficulty, I had to help with things. It is her 4th or 5th pen, so there is some fine tuning to be made....by the way, she is 11 years old. Food for thought (and a pen too)

Image Insert:
200451351441_Ice%20Cream%20Cone%202.jpg

58.22 KB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

I really like this pen! Very cool! Tell us more about how you made it. I would really like you to consider writing an article for our site on the making of this pen. Please get with me and I'll help you through the process!

Scott.

timdaleiden

Isn't that neat? My eight year old daughter loved it. Since it is a Euro, he/she could replace the current cap with one of those do it yourself types from CSUSA with some wood that looks like a cherry. It is great just the way it is too.

ilikewood

I didn't have any European cap studs when we made this. I have them now and will make a cap with redheart on the next one. The clip by the way is from a cigar pen...the only one that would fit with the larger size. Appreciate the comments!!
Bill

Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />Isn't that neat? My eight year old daughter loved it. Since it is a Euro, he/she could replace the current cap with one of those do it yourself types from CSUSA with some wood that looks like a cherry. It is great just the way it is too.

ilikewood

Scott, send me the info and I will write an article and send pictures. It is actually very easy and this method can be used for many different types of pens. Equipment is very basic and it doesn't increase the pen making time by very long either.
Bill

Originally posted by timdaleiden
<br />Isn't that neat? My eight year old daughter loved it. Since it is a Euro, he/she could replace the current cap with one of those do it yourself types from CSUSA with some wood that looks like a cherry. It is great just the way it is too.

ilikewood

Thank you for your comments...I let my daughter read them and she is all excited now.[:D]
As far as the new picture in the album, I made that one as my own...still using the idea. The holder is a scrap piece of Chechen burl that I had to use for something. I can't use it for anything else because I found out the hard way I am HIGHLY allergic to it. This burls bark is the bite!
Bill

tipusnr

Your daughter's pen is way cool (Oh. That's right! No one says that anymore!!)!!! I'm thinking of adapting the idea for a lanyard pen. That's where the ice cream usually ends up anyway isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom