Daughter was having a grumpy day...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

So I asked Katie (6) if she would like to make the Christmas present she gave me. She had picked out a blank and component set for us to do together as her gift, and then she planned to keep the pen. So it's a win-win. One on one time with her and she gets a great looking pink and green pen. We did almost every step together with the exception of cutting on the bandsaw. She is so excited to show it off. Here was our fun time together. And yes, she cheered up quite a bit.

Attachments

• Katie at lathe.jpg
    Katie at lathe.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 193
  • P1050198.jpg
    P1050198.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 230
  • P1050201.jpg
    P1050201.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 195
  • P1050197.jpg
    P1050197.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Smith

What a cutie pie! She sure looks proud of that pen, with good reason too. Did you actually let her hold the tools for turning on the lathe? I've been wanting to let my 7 year old grandson turn a pen with me, but I'm afraid that a spinning lathe with sharp tools is too dangerous.

Jim Smith

JoeOCNJ

That's awesome!!! My daughter is 6 and if she knows I'm out in the shop turning she always comes out with me. I'm a little uneasy letting her try to hold the tool even with help. But every time she comes out she puts her goggles on and the broom and starts sweeping up! I have a picture of her with her goggles rubber gloves broom and sassy attitude somewhere I'll try to post it in a reply here.

And on a side note..... If the wife comes out in the shop (which is rare for me) and she is watching you... The WRONG thing to say is "you know.... When your daughter comes out she at least try's to sweep up..... Just saying...". Apparently that really P's them off LOL

PSU1980

How great for you both Eric. My 20 yr. old has been home from college since the middle of December and we have spent many evenings out in the garage turning pens. This has been a blast for me. I will really miss him when he goes back to college. Treasure your times with your kids because they grow up so fast and then it isn't cool to hang with dad anymore.

Tim

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Congrats to your daughter for making a great looking pen.

I have two grand daughters that work with me in the shop (sometimes they let me use the equipment :biggrin:) and it's some of the best times I have with them.

Enjoy your shop time together. It's a win win for both of you.

Top Bottom