Darn Tim Wise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reiddog1

reiddog1

So I spent all day trying long segments and scallops, I just gotta say that this stuff is tough. Damn you TIM for making these so popular. Just kidding of course. Anyway, here's my first attempt at it. African blackwood, bicote, and peduak. Comments always welcome.

Attachments

• IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 398
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wiset1

:biggrin: Dave, I've got to say that is a sweet looking pen! The segmenting and scalloping look really tight and the choice of wood is nice with directional grains that accent the overall look. Well done!

I tell ya though...when a guy sees his name as a thread header...I was like, Oh No...what did I do:redface: It looks great and I'll tell you...the coolest thing is that you tried something new and now that it's behind you I'm sure you'll branch into other areas of turning that you wouldn't have otherwise attempted. And for that...I'm proud:biggrin:

Great looking pen!

reiddog1

Thanks guys. It's a very time consuming process, but Tim's process is dead on. Lots of lessons learned for next time. Tim, you the man. Thanks for sharing your processes. The pens you craft are truly an art form and are an inspiration. Kudos to you young man and thank you for your service.

wiset1

Thanks guys. It's a very time consuming process, but Tim's process is dead on. Lots of lessons learned for next time. Tim, you the man. Thanks for sharing your processes. The pens you craft are truly an art form and are an inspiration. Kudos to you young man and thank you for your service.

I appreciate that, and thank you for your service as well. Not sure I'm a young man...at 38 I feel like the years are catching up with me. Can't wait to retire so I can move into a GS job where I can sit back and relax a bit in the office. Not really :biggrin:

Glad the tutorial helped. Now have a look here and be inspired GISI

reiddog1

I hear ya man. 2 years left to retirement. I wonder what its like to actually live in the house that I've been paying for? And yea, we all got a little O. L. D. creaping in!

Best wishes.

Dave

firewhatfire

It sure is nice to see I am not the only one willing to think up unique names for WiseT. I think he should have to be a skin graft donor to all those he lead into this madness.

THe pen looks great look forward to seeing more.

Phil

Top Bottom