Dark Lapis Jr Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texatdurango

Up until now I had really not found a blank that I thought would go well with the "overpowering" gold accents on the Jr Emperor pen. Well, I think I finally found a really good match in the Dark Lapis Truestone. I believe the gold veins in the lapis hold their own with the hardware trim and would look good sitting on anyones desk!

The pen is the Jr Emperor from Craft Supply with Truestone Dark Lapis sporting an 18K gold nib from Lou.

Any constructive comments, pro or con are always welcome.

On Edit: Better photo taken :)

200711135735_dark%20lapis.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texatdurango

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Nice work, and I agree on the match of materials. This work deserves a better photograph, though.
I HATE my camera. One day it takes decent photos, the next day I can't get a decent shot with 20 takes.

Maybe for Christmas 2010, I might stand a chance of getting a new one. Santa has informed me that the way I've been buying kits and blanks this year that Christmas for the next three years is pretty well already shot[:D]!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Texatdurango
<br />
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Nice work, and I agree on the match of materials. This work deserves a better photograph, though.
I HATE my camera. One day it takes decent photos, the next day I can't get a decent shot with 20 takes.

Maybe for Christmas 2010, I might stand a chance of getting a new one. Santa has informed me that the way I've been buying kits and blanks this year that Christmas for the next three years is pretty well already shot[:D]!

George,

While I still don't take great pictures, I DID try something different. I READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! AMAZING information in that "BOOK".

Give it a shot, covers "close-ups", "daylight", whole bunch a stuff. Now, when I get a crappy shot, I usually know why!!![:D][:D][:D]

Texatdurango

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />...While I still don't take great pictures, I DID try something different. I READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!! AMAZING information in that "BOOK".

Manual... what manual? That little 9 page phamplet, two thirds of which were in Spanish and French? That left 3 pages and all it did was to show what buttons did what and how to frame a photo.

This is a small "el-cheapo" Kodak digital camera not like some of these fancy schmancy cameras with 837 adjustable controls.

Besides..... It's probably over 5 years old and GOD only knows where the little thing is now.

I still hate my camera! [:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
George,

Take a deep breath, exhale slowly.....................That's good

Now, do it again.....................................GREAT!!

Now, make notes on this, type in the address bar: www.google.com
or cut and paste from here.
Type in the manufacturer of your cheapy camera. Hit "search" VOILA!!!

A whole world of places to get information!!!!

One will be the manufacturer's site. See if it doesn't give you a link for a "User manual" or "tips" book. If your "el-cheapo" has taken at least ONE good picture, you KNOW it CAN. NOW, you have to learn to communicate with it. (What we have here is a FAILURE to commmuuunnnnnikate) We can no longer "beat our appliances into submission" as we once did when the car didn't work. - "Bang on the starter" doesn't do the trick any more.

Yeah, I know, Progress ain't all it's cracked up to be!!!!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

You're welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom