For Dario - Live Oak Burl Baron: my first Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I couldn't stand seeing all you folks making all those magnificent Barons so I went crazy and ordered some. This is a from some of Dario's wonderful Live Oak Burl done on a Platinum RB. y'all have seen enough of my pens to know that I'm not much of a bushing to bushing turner. I couldn't see any reason to let my very first Baron on such a nice piece of wood be any different. Two coats of Deft Sanding Sealer and dipped in Deft Gloss then rubbed out. I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

2005731172530_baron_liveoak_burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Billy,

The style did show a lot of the wood...and yes I do agree that you are not a bushing to bushing turner [;)]...variety helps make penturning insteresting.

Good job!

alamocdc

Thanks, fellas! BTW, R.T., that's two pics of the same pen. I was trying to show what appeared to be a rust streak running diagonally through the cap. At least it looked like rust when it came off on the skew. One of the reasons I didn't want to take this one bushing to bushing.

woodwish

Very nice Billy, I love the grain in that wood. I just can't seem to like the various plastics I see on here like the wood ones. Mother nature just does a better job of creating raw materials! [8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom