Danish Bog Oak Jr.Gent Ballpoint

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I ordered a lot of this wood and am very happy with the way it came out. This is a gold Jr.Gent ballpoint like it says in the title and is made with a piece of Bog Oak that was picked at random from the box. I have a lot of extras of these.

Attachments

• IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 252
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Nice one Niel.

I've got bog oak from three areas of the world and have to keep them separated in the shop because they all look nearly identical. The couple pieces of WV bog oak are easier to spot since they are obviously American White Oak (the rays and flecks are prominent on the quartersawn side.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I keep mine seperate and the stuff that is in my own stash is labeled. Right now it is pretty easy to tell it apart. I have 2 pieces of labeled IBO and 100+ pieces of DBO...LOL I also have a few pieces that have the fleck from being quartersawn.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Looks great, Neil.
I don't see that kit posted often, do you like it
for your own use?
John, I find it to feel somewhat like the cigar, but it has a smoother transition to the nib. I'm using them as a replacement for the cigar line, it just looks like a higher quality pen to me. The main thing I like about it besides the look is that you can adjust the amount of ballpoint sticking out if needed, unlike the cigars. It's a slight adjustment, but it is better than none.

jyreene

Now, I either have to convince my wife to let me by some of your Bog wood...or wait until Texas since we'll be hours apart for my class, open up a separate checking account and order them without her knowing. Seems almost easier to do the second part because if I do the first one she'll take all the word her self.

Nice looking pens Neil. As always.

talbot

Great looking pen Neil, I think the Jr gent ballpoint is very classy, It's on my list of pens to do.
Nice in the BO as well.
regards, Bill

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Yes l agree Neil a bit more class!the bog oak has class as well,the cigar can be adjusted with a pen mill.
The cigar can only be adjusted in one direction, if you overmill the tube, you're screwed. With this one, you can compensate for that at the nib area.

Top Bottom