Dang, I Wish I Could Take Pictures of Acrylic!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wdcav1952

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
After my last posting of a pen using one of Dawn's custom acrylics Ed told me that unless I got my game in gear that I would no longer be allowed to purchase acrylic from him. Hopefully, I took a better picture of that one, and made another.

The first one is Dawn's custom blue using a satin pearl cigar kit. This is the original pen with a better picture. This pen is for a Penn State fan. (The school, not the pen kit supplier.)

20061128114456_Satin%20Cigar.jpg

This one is a Perfect Fit Convertible in Chrome using a blue/black blank that Ed was nice enough to make available to me. I absolutely LOVE the subtle blue and black swirls in this one.

20061128114553_Chrome%20Perfect%20Fit.jpg

OK, Ed, can I buy some more blanks after pay day?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Thanks, Jeff.

Turning acrylic vs turning wood? Both have advantages, and in my opinion, both should be in your inventory. With acrylic, you can turn out pens more quickly since you don't have to wait for a finish to cure. Of course, turning wood you have the excitement of seeing what is hidden under the surface.

FWIW,

TBone

Both pens and blanks look good. Much better on the picture too. oes Ed/Dawn sell these blanks to anyone or just folks that they can bully into taking better pictures? [:D]

gerryr

I think you did a fine job on both Cav. But the pictures are enormous, took me three monitors side by side to see the whole pen at once.[:D]

emackrell

Both look great but the cigar is pretty spectacular. That blue is gorgeous. I can feel my shopping list expanding again..... well, as long as there isn't a photo-test prerequisite to ordering the blanks!

cheers Eileen [8D]

BigRob777

Hey, Cav,
Those look pretty nice. I love blue. I finally got caught up on my shipping and maybe I can turn some pens finally. I'm working on a trade for some euros. I guess they look a lot like the perfect fit to me. I'm kit-challenged.[:D]
Rob

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Nice job Cav!
BTW
Ed shouldn't talk about ANYONE taking pictures.
I must admit he did take a pictures of the Rosewood with the cross inlay, but then again that was wood.[^]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK you guys!!! You feel safe when I am home at night and can't see your little barbs!!!!

To all potential purchasers, YES!!! We will sell to anyone. However with the crappy look of Cav's first pen, Dawn was planning on replacing all his blanks at no charge next week (after the show season is over, for us). I am certain she will be relieved to know that Cav rose to the occasion and created an excellent pen THEN TOOK A PICTURE!!!!

As for Eagle's nasty comments, all I can say is, "He's right!"

Lou, you have no idea how blind I am without my glasses. When I go for an eye test, I always assume the first letter is an "E". The doc thought that was really funny last time, informing me he had SEVERAL charts and this one started with an "S"!! Ooooppps.

Kidding aside, Cav, thanks for posting that blue. We really were worried that it was crappy and Dawn was planning to replace it (and still will if you tell me the pen is completely "photoshopped".) I did not have a chance to turn a pen from it before we shipped (our usual procedure), so we really did not KNOW.

I haven't turned the second stuff myself - the outside of the blanks is nothing to write home about, but the pen really looks good!!!!

OK, Cav, guess I will supply more for you now!!![:D][:D][:D][:D] AFTER next weekend!!

TBone

Ed, may have to order some of those blanks.
Last time I went for an eye test, she said "can you read that", answer: "no" After repeating this process with adjustments she was getting this concerned look on her face like how did you drive here. Finally after letting her wiggle for a few seconds, I told her there was nothing to read. They use the "bounce it off a couple mirrors" projector and she had it too low for us non short people. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom