Damascus Steel Closed End FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Buzzzz4

Buzzzz4

I was able to complete a special order today. This has been fun to practice and refine. Here is my final product going out to the customer. It is M3 Damascus Steel with a Jr. Series nib housing, band, and partial coupler. I step drilled the cap to allow for the cap to slide over the tennon on the body. This took two blanks which you can see from the difference in pattern, but the customer requested an extra long pen. Thanks for any comments, praises or critiques!

Attachments

• P8120628.jpg
    P8120628.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 387
  • P8120634.jpg
    P8120634.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 433
  • P8120635.jpg
    P8120635.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 376
  • M3 Damascus.jpg
    M3 Damascus.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

I like it... is the cap still threaded inside or is it "friction fit"?

No friction fit, although I'm wondering if that would work in the future. Any ideas how to make that work? I used a coupler with threads from a Jr.

Gary, I do learn. The nib on this one is the consignment which is now sold. I will be stopping by soon to say "hi". The nib is what made the deal come together.

Thanks!

Buzzzz4

Thanks for all the great comments. The nib was upgraded to an 18K from Heritance. Gary, having access to it and the knowlege about it finalized the sale for this pen collector.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very slick!!! I'm not ( wasn't:wink: ) a big fan of the M3 stuff, but that looks very cool!!! I think it's the very first double closed ended M3 pen I've seen. Well done:good::good::good:

RAdams

Banned
Yeah the way you hid all the metal components when the pen is closed is a really classy touch. Top notch pen! I am sure the collector will be thrilled!

Top Bottom