Damascus and Damascus M-3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from OKLAHOMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKLAHOMAN

Recived today the first Damascus M-3 blank. Mike was kind enough to send me the 1st. Damascus and I promised to give it an honest critique. The blank has the same pattern as the Moukome-Gane only in two shades of very dark grey.Very rich looking with the right fittings.Turns the same as the M-G. I spoke to Mike about the pattern and he is working on other patterns. (Real Damascus has many different patterns accourding to the hammered folds). All in all a nice blank for some kits, might look good on the new Cambridge. Now its your turn to critique.........
Look at the third picture for a comparison to real Damascus Steel in a Sierra

200811421462_1.jpg

2008114214647_2.jpg

2008114215121_1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's really elegant looking, looks a lotlike D-steel, and I love the color! Very nice pens. Hey, why don't we have a 'thumbs-up' smiley?

Well, picture this guy flashing some Fonzy: [8D]

Woodlvr

Looks great Roy. Great work.

Thanks Dawn for the Thumbs up for Roy. I was trying to find one in Smiley Central.

Mike

Rmartin

Hmp, Maybe it's the pics, or maybe it's just me, but I like the swirl of the 'fake' better than the 'real' straight lines in the serria.

MHKogan

Roy, your craftsmanship is extraordinary. You bring out an elegance from our material that is uniquely yours. I could not have selected a better artist to turn our first Damascus pen blank.

I have just posted a "GROUP BUY" for our M3 Damascus, Black Gold and Mokume pen blanks in the "Group Buy" section of the forum. Anyone who wants to purchase these spectacular materials at the volume discount needs to do so before Saturday (Jan. 19th) when the offer expires. Anyone looking for more information about this remarkable new material should visit our website www.MetalPenBlanks.com .

Thank you,
Mike

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
For those of us that are new to this "metal" thing, can these be turned using our normal wood tools? The pen is absolutely stunning, and I wonder if it is similar to turning other items.

OKLAHOMAN

The blanks are available right now on a group buy,go to our classified. I've also sent you a PM.

Originally posted by CUTiger3
<br />I think it looks great.

Any idea when these blanks will be available to the public?

Could you share your source on the Damascus steel blank?

Thanks

CUTiger3

Thanks, I just placed my order on the Group buy.

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN
<br />The blanks are available right now on a group buy,go to our classified. I've also sent you a PM.

Originally posted by CUTiger3
<br />I think it looks great.

Any idea when these blanks will be available to the public?

Could you share your source on the Damascus steel blank?

Thanks

OKLAHOMAN

Gerry,yes its made from a billet of real Damascus steel.Thanks for everyones comments.
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Very nice pens as always Roy. Is the Sierra made from real Damascus steel?

Edited for big fingered spelling error

PenWorks

Bella, Bella [:)] That is a beuatiful pen Roy. Mike has done another great job on a new pen blank.

I just have a hard time swallowing 28-35 for a pen blank.[V] Nothing against Mike or his product, and I really appreciate his discount to the group. But do you think the value is there? JMO, DSTM, JTTSTP [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom