D.I. Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sparhawk

sparhawk

This is a Jr. Statesman in Desert ironwood(the blank came from Dario.) My first Jr. Statesman and had a small amount of trouble with the centerband coupler. I put the centerband on and when i went to line up the nib end grain the inside threads on the coupler slid up in the tube. Thought these were one piece . Havent had the problem on the other Jr. Gent but these are the only 2 of these style(jr. gent,retro, jr. statemsan)that i have made. di statesman1.JPG First pic in a while. Just got another camera. Looks like I need some practice.:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sparhawk

Not sure about the threads but they seem to have slid up inside the centerband.After pressing on the nib end i tried doing the same with the finial end. with the finial just started on the end of the pen i could not get the threads to catch. They were too far up in the pen. So i took the finial of the blank,removed the little ring with the shoulder, and screwed th finial by itself in. Wasnt much there but was enough for me to grab with pliers and pull the threads back to the front. then pulled real hard on it and hoped it would stay.as long as it doesnt turn it will be ok. (quess i have to keep this one:biggrin:)

workinforwood

Awesome looking pen. Punch out the final cap. Use a dowel and push the plastic coupler back down into position and then press final back into place! Or...if the plastic is a loose fit..do the same thing..punch out the final...then push the plastic through the top and pull it out, then punch out the centerband. Put the plastic piece back into the centerband, a bead of ca around the outside and push it back in. Don't let any CA get on the threads. Just a couple drops of thick on the outside where the coupler and plastic meet and a quick shot of accelorator should do the trick, then re-assemble.

Last edited:
Top Bottom