The Cyclist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. It's made from a cool blank by Jeff Powell that I got from Exotics. I made it for my son, David (OldReg) who loves to cycle. His next event coming up is the MS150 in April which is a 180 mile two day fundraising bike ride from Houston to Austin, Texas to benefit the Multiple Sclerosis Society and it's programs.
I had fun making it. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• The Cyclist_2.jpg
    The Cyclist_2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 234
  • The Cyclist_1.jpg
    The Cyclist_1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 335
  • The Cyclist.jpg
    The Cyclist.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Now I see! Very cool. I noticed some new Jeff Powell blanks the other day, including some new fun house colors!!

Jeremy, I saw those..pretty cool.I really like those..great gifts....He also has one of a swimmer and I'm trying to get him to make one of a runner...I started doing kitless...but I'm getting requests for pens made out of Jeff's blanks. LOL...It doesn't help when your family members check the website for new blanks. Doc

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Nice looking pen.

I ride the MS150 here in the Carolinas and am an avid cyclist. I didn't know this blank existed and now I have to get my hands on a few :)

ctubbs

Doc, between you and Jeff, you sure put my efforts to shame. Great job. Hope your son does well in the ride. Congratulations on another beautiful pen.
Charles

Fireengines

WOW...

My son's bike shop just was voted the best bike shop in the Dallas Metroplex. I will forward him the link.

Larry

bubbatww

Funny I just posted asking a question about orange blanks for a MS walk in April and the 1st thread I pull up has to do with MS...Not to take away from your pen ...thats a great looking pen but for me the meaning behind what your son is doing means so much more. Please tell him thanks from all us with MS

Interesting - looks like there are a number of us who are cyclists. I've been riding for a long time and have done MS150's several times (in Ohio - Cinci area - well organized rides).

Oh, BTW, very VERY nice pen. Thanks for sharing. Now I know what to give my brother and son in Calif (avid cyclists, too) for Christmas.

Gilrock

I love the colors in that blank and being a cyclist I'd love a pen like that. I'm disappointed I've never seen that blank when I've looked at Exotics...and I've looked several times...I still don't see it there.

Carl Fisher

I started digging through Jeff's blanks on Exotic the moment this was posted and there don't seem to be any available. Perhaps Ed or Dawn can enlighten us?

I have to have one of these!

Actually hoping to get enough training in this year to do the true double century MS ride in September. The 150 is getting too easy at this point.

wizard

Carl, I sent a P.M. to Dawn yesterday. She has already talked to Jeff Powell
and hopefully we will see some in a week or two....please Jeff..LOL...pretty please:):):):). Doc

Yeah - immediately after the post above, I went to Exotics and Jeff's offerings don't show the cyclist blank anymore (no response yet from Ed or Dawn). I'll grovel as much as anyone. Please, please.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I started digging through Jeff's blanks on Exotic the moment this was posted and there don't seem to be any available. Perhaps Ed or Dawn can enlighten us?

I have to have one of these!

Actually hoping to get enough training in this year to do the true double century MS ride in September. The 150 is getting too easy at this point.

You will often see us say, Watch Exotics every day!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Doc asked Jeff to make these, and Jeff did make some. As is usually the case, Dawn is "putting up" about thirty new products a day. But, because she knew Doc had requested these, she sent Doc some pics. (When products go up on the site, the pictures are taken, edited, resized and "optimized"---the pics that Doc saw had none of this special treatment, but he thought they were ok anyhow!!) So, yes there are more here that will be "put up" this weekend, so

As we often say, "Watch Exotics every day!!" Check out "inks" to see what has occupied Dawn for the past 48 hours or so (including staying overnight last night).

Much, much more to come---stay tuned for ads later in the weekend.

We sincerely hope you feel enlightened!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

wizard

Doc, as always you've done a great job, but that boy of yours really does a great job.

Thank so much !! He does!! I would like to think that I had some part in it but I think he came from the factory with most of it. Roy..there are many things that I have wanted to excel at in life..but nothing more important than being a dad. I always hope that I'm a good one. Doc

Top Bottom