Cuzzin reunion Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from flyitfast

flyitfast

I attended a Cousin reunion last week in Minnesota and brought a pen for each cousin.
The wood came from an old Black Walnut tree on the farm where we played over 65 years ago.
The kit is the Compson.
Fun reunion!!!
Gordon

Attachments

• IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1010.jpg
    IMG_1010.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick_G

Nice pens and nice to be able to do something like that. The memories that go with the wood make it all that more special. My dad broke his back at work when I was about 8 and a few years later workmans comp. came up with a cash settlement in a lump sum instead of a small monthly payment. My parents bought their first new furniture with it and the coffee table came with 2 sets of legs so you could choose the height you wanted. The wood was teak and he carried those extra legs through 3 moves and over 50 years until a few years ago he gave them to me. I was able to make pens for my brothers with some of it.
Like your walnut the memories that go with it make the pen all that much more special

OZturner

Beautiful Gifts, Gordon.
Excellent Concept, and Execution,
I am sure the Pens were Well Received, and Brought Back a Lot of Wonderful Memories.
Great Workmanship,
Congratulations,
Brian.

flyitfast

Nice pens and nice to be able to do something like that. The memories that go with the wood make it all that more special. My dad broke his back at work when I was about 8 and a few years later workmans comp. came up with a cash settlement in a lump sum instead of a small monthly payment. My parents bought their first new furniture with it and the coffee table came with 2 sets of legs so you could choose the height you wanted. The wood was teak and he carried those extra legs through 3 moves and over 50 years until a few years ago he gave them to me. I was able to make pens for my brothers with some of it.
Like your walnut the memories that go with it make the pen all that much more special

Great story. Old furniture with a story is an excellent source for recycling and making great gifts. Thanks for sharing.
Gordon

Top Bottom