Cut Offs and Fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

I glued up this out of cutoffs the other day and drilled it and tubed it yesterday , wasn't sure if I was gonna even use it but I've got a bunch of Sierra tubes so that's what went in it . Really it was just for fun :). I'm glad I did it , it came out pretty nicely , the cut offs were stabilized cherry burl and stabilized spalted maple with some bark inclusion , with a piece of gabon ebony in between , pen is a Sierra Twist copper/black

OZlFUhv.png

Nl8LUh4.png

CDVXgk5.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Excellent Segmenting Herb,
I Like the way the Ebony Band strikes the End of the Clip, Very Neat. (Please tell me that is exactly how you planned it) :wink:
Great Fit and Superb Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

adirondak5

Very nice Herb. Said the other Herb. :biggrin:

Thanks Herb . Said the other , other Herb :)

Amazing what can be done with cut off's.

Yes Houtkop , that is true , glad I keep all my cutoffs instead of pitching them

Excellent Segmenting Herb,
I Like the way the Ebony Band strikes the End of the Clip, Very Neat. (Please tell me that is exactly how you planned it) :wink:
Great Fit and Superb Finish.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thank you very much Brian . As for the planning on the band and the clip that was just the way it fell into place , the piece of cherry burl was quite short and I wanted it to be seen so I did plan on it being at the nib end of the barrel , I didn't give the band much thought other than just an accent .:)

Very nice looking pen! Segmenting looks gr at.

Thanks much Billy

bpgoldo

That's the beauty of wood and wood-worker coordinating to create....and it uses up "waste stock" in a manner that achieves both savings and sales. hoo-rah for cut-offs.

adirondak5

That's the beauty of wood and wood-worker coordinating to create....and it uses up "waste stock" in a manner that achieves both savings and sales. hoo-rah for cut-offs.

Thanks Brian , yes , I agree , a free blank for the cost of a saw cut and some glue , 3 pens out of blanks for 2 :)

Very nice, Herb from another Herb! Never saw so many"Herbs" in one place!

Ha ! Thanks Herb . A rare happening indeed , 3 Herbs in the same thread :eek::biggrin:

Top Bottom