Customer's Choice-Need a Critique Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

You know, sometimes I am just happy to have people who enjoy the pens I make, sometimes they chose the materials to make them the pen they want.

I have such a client, she loves my pens, that is excellent for both of us, she choose the Bumble Bee I posted about a month ago and now she spec'd this Gasperite Green Tru STone.

IMG_9221.jpg

She loves the green and the all Silver look, she's hasn't seen this yet, but I know she will love it.

I am not that crazy about the look, any thoughts or honest critiques are welcomed and encouraged please.

Thanks

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David Keller

I like it. It's not the blank I would have chosen, but the customer is always right I guess. I don't think the addition of gold highlights would improve the look. There's only so much you can do with a bright green blank, and I think you've done all you can.

LanceD

The lime green look. One of my favorite colors other than purple. It's one of the colors of my company logo. Looks great to me. I much prefer the rhodium plating over gold ti for that color blank.

PenMan1

Looks green to me.....just like the money she'll pay for it! One of the hardest things for me was to build what the CUSTOMER wants, and build it to the best of my abilities.

Diversity is what makes the world go around.

Texatdurango

.... Gasperite Green Tru STone

Jim, I think it's Gaspaite. Just FYI in case you tell here and she'll know what to tell her friends it is.

She loves the green and the all Silver look, she's hasn't seen this yet, but I know she will love it.

I am not that crazy about the look, any thoughts or honest critiques are welcomed and encouraged please.

Thanks

Well rats, I was planning on a dishonest critique! :)

I made several pens using these blanks and always use the gold platings which seems to go better with the Gaspaite, BUT...... if this is what she specified, then she ought to be tickled pink!

I like the "bushing to bushing" look which in my opinion is the way these executive type pens should look.

Last edited:

thewishman

Looks green to me.....just like the money she'll pay for it!

Since it is in Canada, the money may be almost ANY color.:biggrin:

Jim, you know how something can sit in your display for many months, then someone stops by and they cannot live without that pen. That green keeps nudging me, but I can't quite make the purchase.

Your customer will love the pen - it combines her green and silver.

Oh, and NPGJ.:)

wiset1

Pretty sweet! It takes a confident person to own a pen like this and it seems that she is. I'm sure she'll love it

Jim Smith

While it looks pretty and the workmanship is gerat, I find that the warm colors like reds and greens tend to go better with gold while the cooler colors like blue go well with silver. Just my opinion, but as others said, if she likes it that way, then make the customer happy.

Jim Smith

While it looks pretty and the workmanship is gerat, I find that the warm colors like reds and greens tend to go better with gold while the cooler colors like blue go well with silver. Just my opinion, but as others said, if she likes it that way, then make the customer happy.

Jim Smith

I agree Jom, I often make the hardware choice just as you have described. Thank you

.... Gasperite Green Tru STone

Jim, I think it's Gaspaite. Just FYI in case you tell here and she'll know what to tell her friends it is.

Thanks

Well rats, I was planning on a dishonest critique! :)

I made several pens using these blanks and always use the gold platings which seems to go better with the Gaspaite, BUT...... if this is what she specified, then she ought to be tickled pink!

I like the "bushing to bushing" look which in my opinion is the way these executive type pens should look.
Thanks for the catch on the name of the stone. The shape of the clip often defines the B2B shape for me, so it's simple to make

Looks green to me.....just like the money she'll pay for it!

Since it is in Canada, the money may be almost ANY color.:biggrin:

Jim, you know how something can sit in your display for many months, then someone stops by and they cannot live without that pen. That green keeps nudging me, but I can't quite make the purchase.

Your customer will love the pen - it combines her green and silver.

Oh, and NPGJ.:)
That is spelt Colour... :) and hey, it's worth more than $1US now....:)

PaulDoug

If she is happy, that is the important thing. Great workmanship. The only tru-stone I have turned was that color. I had two blanks of it. When I finished the pen, I gave the second blank away. I carry the one I turned a lot and no one has grabbed it from me, need I say more :biggrin::rolleyes:

Coarse it could be my turning abilities have something to do with it also.....

Thanks every one, it was fun to kick this one around. I respect that you all took time to share your thoughts and say what you felt, that helps me see as well, I know I can put together a decent pen and seeing through your eyes also allows me the chance to see it differently.

I have been here since 2004 and I love this place, my pen making has always been fun and allowing others to say what they feel has been a huge part of my learning.. Thank you

seamus7227

Looks different, but hey, If thats what she wanted, then thats her call right?! but otherwise, you did a fantastic job bringing it all together.

avbill

Well Now here's my 3cent! It's a great color BUT silver fights the green gold would be a better choice. BUT, the customer/client is always right!!

toolcrazy

I think it is a sweet looking pen.

I made a Jr. Gent One from Smitty with that exact blank and it sold within a week of posting it on my website. So, there is a call for that color.

Top Bottom