Customers Choice

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Hi,

I thought I'd share this with you. As a pen maker we sometimes try to anticipate what designs and materials will work and we build our inventories accordingly. Some times this works, other times not.

I have a good customer in Montreal who really enjoys fountain pens, she likes vibrant colours and styles, some of which are outside my design thoughts that she continues to encourage me to explore.

This pen is based on her wishes, a pink Trustone on an all silver pen (an all silver nib is in the works to replace the two tone shown here).
181308_502102879791_189285814791_5707245_1397741_n-1.jpg

At first I wasn't sure of the combination, but after I completed putting it together it looked nice to me, most importantly it looked excellent to her! ;)

168670_502102804791_189285814791_5707243_4371237_n-1.jpg

Currently she has me making another fountain pen for her, I am calling it the Bumble Bee, wait till you see that one!!
:D

I like working with customers, sometimes they want what you are comfortable with, sometimes they take you in a new direction, all very fun for me. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Nice looking pen. I had the same question about that black ring. I have two of these kits with the black ring, and really wish it wasn't there.

Thanks every one for your kind thoughts.

I looked at how to remove the black ring and I think it's possible, but then the lower edge of the thin ring would need to be beveled and boom there goes the plate, so for now, The black ring is on, wish Berea could remove it in a minor redesign. Truth be said, my clients never say a word about it to me.

chriselle

Great looking pen. The black ring is the only reason I don't make more of those and the ones I do make are always darker blanks. I do like all the components otherwise.

Jgrden

I like this "PINK" pen. Most of them remind me of cotton candy, this one has depth and texture. I like it. The tone of the pink is a little more robust than what I have seen.
Good job, A+

dozuki

First I think that is a great pen. Second, I don't do a lot of higher end pens and have to ask just what pen is that. Thanks and that is great.

OOPS

I think the pen looks very elegant. I also like the black band, because of the contrast. Without the black band, it might look "washed out" or "blah." Those are my best technical terms, sorry.

I think that too often we focus on the minute details of each pen--which is natural, because we make them, and we want each one of our creations to be perfect. The vast majority of the public looks at the big picture--"Wow! That's shiny!" and show their new pen to everyone with a sense of pride. I say this not to encourage sloppy work, but merely a more reasonable sense of what looks outstanding to most people. Like Jim said above, he hasn't heard a word from any customer about the black ring.

Russianwolf

okay, one more Q.

How did you do the all silver? All the kits I see are Gold with Silver or Silver with Gold. I don't like the combo pens. I always go for the Black Ti versions of the CSUSA pens for example.

DozerMite

Banned
I haven't made any of those, so just curious.

Is it possible to replace the black ring with a ring of the pen material... in this case, pink??

le_skieur

Hello Jim,

I really love that fontain pen. Color, kit everything is maching so well.

Top Bottom