Customer Order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Old Griz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Here is an order I just finished for a customer...
A Perfect Fit Convertible Pen/Pencil Set in Pink Ivory and a TI Gold Jr Gent FP in Curly Koa...
Pink Ivory sanded to 600, Cellulose Sanding Sealer buffed with 000000 wool cloth, 3 coats of TSW over 2 days and Ren Wax... biggest problem with PI is that you never know if you are going to find those little black "beauty marks" in the blank.. I was lucky on the pencil, while I did find 2, they were side by side and balance the clip nicely..
The Curly Koa is finished the same as the PI..

2005415174312_TroyOrder.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Interesting Tom, I didn't know PI had those "beauty" marks! Very pretty set; I hope mine come out even 1/2 as good!

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Occassionally you will find small dark almost black spots in the PI... I believe they are thorn remnants or in some cases insect holes... if you are lucky they are on the outside of the blank and if near the end you can work around them.. in this case they appeared as I was turning down the blank.. both of these were voids that I had to fill with CA and then recut lightly before final shaping... but luckily they were balanced and don't look bad...
On top of that they were the only two PI blanks I had left that were almost the exact same color...

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Jack, I'll make a deal with you... this set is going to Spring Branch, TX... you get your school to pay my way as a guest instructor and I will bring you a set also... LOL... I just love Texas BBQ... LOL
Heck, it would only be a 6 hour drive from your place to his... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom