Custom watch part FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

My submission to the BASH ABPC.
Also a lesson in letting CA off gas before casting!
The body and section came out well, and these were given about 20 hours curing before casting. The cap ended up only having about 17 hours and you can clearly see the effects!:mad: I would have remade it, but knew I had to submit on the Sunday because I wouldn't get back into my shop until after the deadline. I almost didn't enter it, but after all the effort I thought it would be a shame not to.
Made so the clip is optional.
Although not perfect I must be on the right track as there have been a couple of commission queries:)

IMG_0417.JPG IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0407.jpg IMG_0414.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RichF

I had doing something like this on my bucket list as a yet to be seen idea. Not only did you do it. You did it miles ahead of where I would have ever taken it.

Spectacular work. I love the look of this pen...bubble or not.

Triple Crown

This pen in the competition photos got me just staring into the computer at it's incredible workmanship and beauty! Getting to see it again now with your story about it - I am mesmerized again! Thank you! I love the color and design! Absolutely awesome!! The craftsmanship is just amazing!! WOW!!

Greg

USNGSCS

I think it is a great pen. That is the type of pen that I as a new turner aspire to achieve. Well done!

SDB777

I'm not a big fan of whackin' the "LIKE" button all the time, but this one is very deserving of just that....just wish I could whack it a few more times!!!

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the 'gassing' your talking about, but then again you could just send the pen to me and I could look it over for a few decades? I really like this....keep inspiring me!!!!!!

Scott (I'll turn a kitless someday) B

Triple Crown

I'm not a big fan of whackin' the "LIKE" button all the time, but this one is very deserving of just that....just wish I could whack it a few more times!!!

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the 'gassing' your talking about, but then again you could just send the pen to me and I could look it over for a few decades? I really like this....keep inspiring me!!!!!!

Scott (I'll turn a kitless someday) B

Thanks Scott! I thought the EXACT same thing!!! :wink::biggrin:

AWESOME PEN! Wonderfully executed!! Looks flawless from my vantage point... WOW!!!

Some day...... [Old Nissan commercial]

Great job! Beautiful pen!

Greg

Dalepenkala

John this is an absolutely beautiful pen! Just outstanding!

I would love to make a watch pen myself, but I don't cast blanks.

Congrats on the final product!

Twissy

Thank you all guys for your kind words.

Scott and Greg, I'd send it to you but it's chained to my desk to stop it floating away due to the gas in the cap!:biggrin: Hmmm a floating pen....that would be good for the next bash!

Top Bottom