Custom Solid Copper & Aluminum

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yort81

yort81

Custom Roller Ball ... 7075 Aero Space Aluminum and Tellurium Copper.... I need to concentrate on my finishing techniques... the camera picks up the minute scratches and dust specs :embarrassed:

Attachments

• IMG_3848•.jpg
    IMG_3848•.jpg
    421.2 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_3847•.jpg
    IMG_3847•.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3851•.jpg
    IMG_3851•.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 359
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

LOVE the copper.. I am an electrician and interested in turning some copper, but so far have not wanted to pay the price for real copper rods to turn. Maybe when my skill level improves, but until then I will just observe and wish.

GREAT GREAT work

yort81

Nice! Any finish on that to prevent tarnishing?

Chris... Absolutely none :) The 7075 Aluminum holds up very well to scratches, corrosion and tarnish... The Tellurium copper will develop a patina in a few weeks if not polished..... Personally, I prefer the patina that it develops against the shine of the aluminum... it gives it the refurbished/rustic look... however... it takes, literally, about 30 seconds with some Mother's car polish to restore the crystal sparkle of the brand new metal :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think I'll add that colour combo to my to-do list...!!! That looks beautifully made too. Well done.. :biggrin:

yort81

I think I'll add that colour combo to my to-do list...!!! That looks beautifully made too. Well done.. :biggrin:

Steven.... Ive been a big fan of yours for the past couple of years... thank you for that compliment! You, along with a couple others here on the forum are the ones that inspired me to custom pens.

Cheers

Troy :)

Top Bottom