Custom 'Pen of Flame'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from drgoretex

drgoretex

Hi all. Posted this on FPN last week, forgot to post here for interest's sake.

This one is done in the 'golden dawn' resin from exotcblanks.com, with black acrylic end trim.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3809.jpg

IMG_3806.jpg

IMG_3816.jpg

IMG_3812.jpg

IMG_3817.jpg

IMG_3811.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hebertjo

Beautiful pen!

Is that a churchill front section? Also, it looks like you tapped the cap. Are those tripple start threads or single?

Thanks for sharing,

turbowagon

Ken,

Beautiful job on this one.... I've been drooling over this pen since you posted it on the FPN. I think it's my favorite pen I've seen posted in a long time.

- Joe

Brooks803

I have to agree with everyone else...absolutely beautiful! I'm also curious as to where the components came from. Also, I really like the end of the cap where you have the golden dawn showing. Does the end of the body have the same look? Is it segemented in there or is it part of a tenon that the black end is press fit over to help secure the clip? Either way it is amazing work!

drgoretex

Thanks for all the very kind comments.

In response to a few questions, The nib/grip section is a Berea section used in El Grande and Churchill type pen kits, also available separately. The only other premade part is the clip, which in this case was pilfered from a flattop american style twist ballpoint. The threading was all done by hand on my wood lathe with tap and die (with the exception of those on the nib section, which I didn't cut, only chased to deepen).

EDIT - sorry, almost forgot to answer Re the cap finial - the piece of golden dawn resin in the cap finial is an inlay, not a tenon.

Must say, thanks, Ed! - your blanks are excellent!

Ken

Last edited:

PR_Princess

Stunning Ken! You really did a wonderful job!!

I love the clean lines and the way you complimented the resin with black. And the finish..wow!! Just plain beautiful!!

Thanks for making this resin look so good!

DrBills

Very, very nice. I do love the visual texture of the barrel material. I am jealous of the wonderful kit bashing as well.

Bill

Top Bottom