Custom Money

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from lorbay

lorbay

Canadian Money that is. This custom fountain pen is made from a shredded money blank and is fitted with a Esterbrook feed in the front section. Thanks to duncsuss Duncan gave me the idea to fit the Esterbrook with a piston filler. 9/32" for the feed, 10 X .75 mm for the section to body and 13 x .8 tripple for the cap to body.
Thanks for looking.

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
An awasome job on that cutom pen, it's really beautiful. Spot on fit and finish, dare I say it you finished in the money with that one.

Curly

Makes cents. :}

Sadly it doesn't here. :frown: Canada is no longer using the penny any more. It's all rounded up or down to the nearest nickel when you get change for a purchase.

Lin I forgot to ask if you had any issues with threading where the die/tap cut through the currency?

lorbay

Makes cents. :}

Sadly it doesn't here. :frown: Canada is no longer using the penny any more. It's all rounded up or down to the nearest nickel when you get change for a purchase.

Lin I forgot to ask if you had any issues with threading where the die/tap cut through the currency?

Pete. I cut very well I was actually surprised. When I first started roughing the blank it looked like it was going to be a problem but turned fine on the final cuts.
I also forgot to mention that it has 10 coats of thin CA on it. I put one coat on all the threads and ran the tap/die over them once dried.
Thanks for the comments
Lin.

Top Bottom