Custom Majestic Jr. for an interesting person

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rolandranch

Rolandranch

A person bought this pen at a show and returned a few days later requesting some customization on it. Long story short, it turns out that this person was a concert pianist for 70 years and the second cousin of Rachmaninoff (a famous Russian composer in the 19th and 20th century). Anyway, being a pianist myself, I thought this was really neat.

Here it is - Majestic Jr with spalted maple burl and black onyx stones.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Thanks for looking! C&C always appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Magnificent Majestic Jnr. Pen, Seth.
Magnificent Blank, Superbly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Love the Modification and Inclusion of the Black Onyx Cut Gem Stones.
Great Craftsmanship.
Brian.

Rolandranch

Beautiful pen Seth.

I'm curious what the refill is? I do not recognize it as typical for our standard kits.
Thank you. I cannot think of the name of the refill right at the moment. The customer brought the pen back with that refill in it. It's meant for bookkeeping and is fairly inexpensive but I just can't think of the name.

Rolandranch

Magnificent Majestic Jnr. Pen, Seth.
Magnificent Blank, Superbly Turned, Fitted and Finished.
Love the Modification and Inclusion of the Black Onyx Cut Gem Stones.
Great Craftsmanship.
Brian.
Thank you very much Mr. Hawkins. Your comments are always appreciated.

SteveG

There are Extra Fine refills for rollerball pens that look a lot like the the one shown. I have some by Schmidt, but it is almost a sure thing that other mfrs make a similar refill.

Great looking pen, Seth. Where did you turn up this piano guy? :)

PenPal

Seth the way you responded showed flexibility and taste. Nothing overdone, subtle additions to a beaut pen, making it special to the customer and the first one ever to do it.

Well done mate. The customers fine writing refill appropriate and wonderful to write music IMHO.

Peter.

Last edited:

Rolandranch

There are Extra Fine refills for rollerball pens that look a lot like the the one shown. I have some by Schmidt, but it is almost a sure thing that other mfrs make a similar refill.

Great looking pen, Seth. Where did you turn up this piano guy? :)
I now remember the maker of the refill though I still can't find the same one online. I believe it is made by Levenger.

I actually met his wife at one of my shows. She said she had come to the show to see my pens because her co-worker had bought one earlier that she liked. She bought 5 and then I met her husband later who wanted the custom work and bought a few more.

Rolandranch

Very nice!

Excellent job!

Thank you!

Seth the way you responded showed flexibility and taste. Nothing overdone, subtle additions to a beaut pen, making it special to the customer and the first one ever to do it.

Well done mate. The customers fine writing refill appropriate and wonderful to write music IMHO.

Peter.

Thank you Mr. Hay. The customer told me exactly what he wanted. I'm just glad everything worked out since this was my first time doing customization on a kit. He seemed very pleased with it.

SteveAxelrod

Beautiful! The Majestic line of pens is always a winner and I really how the black onyx complements the black spalting. What size are the stones and where did you buy them. That's something I'd like to tinker with some day. Thanks for sharing!

RogerC

That's such a great, classy kit to start with, and what you did with it really kicked it up. Nicely done!

Rolandranch

Beautiful! The Majestic line of pens is always a winner and I really how the black onyx complements the black spalting. What size are the stones and where did you buy them. That's something I'd like to tinker with some day. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I got them at www.astrojewelry.com. However, I don't think I will be ordering from them again because of their crazy shipping fees. They charged over $20 for a package that cost them $2.60.

OLIVE WOOD

Beautiful pen and very nice photography. Nice work

A person bought this pen at a show and returned a few days later requesting some customization on it. Long story short, it turns out that this person was a concert pianist for 70 years and the second cousin of Rachmaninoff (a famous Russian composer in the 19th and 20th century). Anyway, being a pianist myself, I thought this was really neat.

Here it is - Majestic Jr with spalted maple burl and black onyx stones.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Thanks for looking! C&C always appreciated.

Top Bottom