Custom Lucite Antique Amber

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from propencity

propencity

Probably the shortest in overall length I've made so far, this custom is right at 5 inches in length. The lower barrel is a Lucite blank (Antique Amber) which I got as a freebie from Mike and Linda at IPD (thanks Mike/Linda) on one of my orders from them. Nib is Meisternib #6. No clip on this one but did add a segment of the Lucite on the cap. The lower barrel finial unscrews to allow access to the converter. I really wanted to even out the diameter between the lower barrel and cap where they meet, but with the barrel already turned down at 9/16, the cap's wall would have ended up being too thin. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. Thanks for looking and as always comments, suggestions are always appreciated.

DSC_0059_s500.jpg

DSC_0061_s500.jpg

DSC_0067_s500.jpg

DSC_0068_s500.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I'm not sure if I'd want to see a clip on this one or not, I think it makes a statement all by itself. Great use of two colors too!

Scott (awesome skills here) B

wiz9777

Beautiful. I am really interested in smaller pens right now. Out of curiosity, what tap did you use for that Meisternib #6?

propencity

Beautiful. I am really interested in smaller pens right now. Out of curiosity, what tap did you use for that Meisternib #6?

10 x 1 tap/die for section to body and finial to body
14 x .8 x 3 - triple tap/die set for cap to body
7.4 x .5 tap - feed to section.

All metric.

BSea

That is a beautiful combination. One thing you might try on your next one is a 12 x .8 x .3 cap thread (if you have that tap & die). It will allow for a little more meat on the cap, so you can turn it down a little more.

Top Bottom