Custom Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it over the period of last two days. It's lavender ebonite...with a few inclusions or dark spots.... Has a medium point # 6 gilded Bock nib. I debated on whether or not to continue making this pen once I saw the spots. I showed it to my son (OldReg) and wife who felt like the spots gave the pen character. I got the blank from Exotics and showed it to Dawn..who promptly in her usual highly conscientious manner pulled this lavender color from her site and went about sending me two care packages with orange, black ebonite and others.... My son, who has taken up writing with fountain pens, has already claimed the pen. Not sure what caused the spots or inclusions so I hope Bruce can jump in as I respect his expertise in polymer chemistry along with many other areas. Anyway, hope it's tolerable...Doc:)

Attachments

• Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions.jpg
    Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions_1.jpg
    Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions_1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions_2.jpg
    Lavender Ebonite with Inclusions_2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 183
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

The dark spots make it look an awful lot like some candy I used to buy a long time ago. Can't remember what it was called, I've killed many, MANY innocent brain cells since then.

76winger

I'm with the group that thinks it gives the pen a little extra character.

If they were pits I'd be more concerned than if they're just black spots in the material.

Top Bottom