Custom green Ebonite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Twissy

Twissy

First time turning Ebonite.... learnt loads!

The ebonite is from the 90's, French I believe. A couple of tiny air bubbles in places, but that may have been caused by me overheating it. The section is black ebonite, and was so much easier to turn than the green. Is this normal?

I think I cooked the barrel a bit, and have a few scratches still so couldn't get as good a shine as the cap. Took much more time on the cap, and must have sharpened my skew 20 times whilst turning it!
When I've got more "me" time I think I might take 5-10mm off the barrel end.

Not doing anymore Ebonite until I have a carbide tool!

Back to kit pens for a while, but really looking forward to making my PITH!

C&C's appreciated.

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Looks fantastic. I just turned some ebonite for the first time the other day. Once you get used to the smell, its awesome to work with. The green is some pretty looking material. The pen came out great.

Bowl Slinger

Oh crap, now you went and did it! If my wife sees this one I know what my next project will look like. She is a sucker for green. Very nice pen!

wiset1

WOW, that's some really nice work! I know you're going back to component pens for awhile, but get those tools and get back into this type of turning. You've clearly got a talent for it.

wizard

John, Gorgeous pen!!!!...Beautiful profile and shape..very clean lines..exposed clip looks excellent..very precise. The section really ties in with the black on the ebonite barrel....beautiful finish and photographs!! So when are you getting the carbide tool???:) Regards, Doc:)

Twissy

John, Gorgeous pen!!!!...Beautiful profile and shape..very clean lines..exposed clip looks excellent..very precise. The section really ties in with the black on the ebonite barrel....beautiful finish and photographs!! So when are you getting the carbide tool???:) Regards, Doc:)

Cheers Doc! :) Ordered some cutters, and posted in the tools thread seeking advice! :confused:

Top Bottom