Custom Golden Dawn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's an Italian Resin that reminds me of a sunrise..and it's about to rise as I start on my second pen of the day:)..so I named the pen Golden Dawn. Has a #6 Medium Gilded Bock Nib. It is postable. Had a hard time trying to covey the color in the pictures. Thanks for looking. Hope you like it. Doc:)

Attachments

• Custom Golden Dawn.jpg
    Custom Golden Dawn.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 384
  • Custom Golden Dawn_1.jpg
    Custom Golden Dawn_1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Custom Golden Dawn_2.jpg
    Custom Golden Dawn_2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 313
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

drgoretex

LIKE! A lovely pen, and as always, a great classic shape - love it!

The material is very nice, and the name suits it. Of note, there is a polyresin of that name at exotic blanks.

Always love to see your work!

Ken

wizard

Thank you for the kind words...

The material is very nice, and the name suits it. Of note, there is a polyresin of that name at exotic blanks.

Ken

Ken, Thanks... I know there is..It's one of Dawn's polyresins...I'm just teasing her...:biggrin: They have this resin too...called Oro. LOL...you have it also..I sent you some. Similar to the resin that Delta uses in their Dolce Vita series.
Regards, Doc:)

wizard

Thank you for your kind comments and encouragement!

Another beauty Doc!!!!!......Hey.......can i come to Houston and get you to do a custom pen demo for me.......I would love to know how to make these............i could be your grasshopper :)

Hmmm..Sensei....Hopefully you haven't hit your head since the last time we talked and lost your mind. LOL...Justin...it will be raining ice cubes in Hades before you're anyone's grasshopper. Couldn't have done this without your guidance my friend..:). You and Allison need to come see us...Regards, Doc

drgoretex

Ken

Ken, Thanks... I know there is..It's one of Dawn's polyresins...I'm just teasing her...:biggrin: They have this resin too...called Oro. LOL...you have it also..I sent you some. Similar to the resin that Delta uses in their Dolce Vita series.

LOL - :redface: utterly failed to recognize it! Guess the pics are a touch dark, and I though there were some darker flecks in it... D'oh!...

Well, I have that lovely piece of orange on standby waiting for the right inspiration to hit. Looking forward to see if I can come up with something half as nice as this one...

Cheers

Ken

wizard

Ken

Actually, I named the pen after Dawn...I'm trying to steal her away from Ed :biggrin:

Last edited:

alamocdc

Another beauty Doc!!!!!......Hey.......can i come to Houston and get you to do a custom pen demo for me.......I would love to know how to make these............i could be your grasshopper :)

Hmmm..Sensei....Hopefully you haven't hit your head since the last time we talked and lost your mind. LOL...Justin...it will be raining ice cubes in Hades before you're anyone's grasshopper. Couldn't have done this without your guidance my friend..:). You and Allison need to come see us...Regards, Doc

Hmmm, Wizard and Timebandit... am I the only one who sees a Deadliest Catch correlation here?:wink:

Timebandit

LOL!.....i have hit it a few times since then!! I would say i hit it a few times a day:eek:.............And it could always rain ice cubes in Hades.........i still have a lot to learn:biggrin: It was my pleasure to help my friend..........And we definitely want to make it down there for a visit:wink:

LagniappeRob

Love the pen!

Just an aside, the "Golden Dawn" was a 19th century magical society that's had a couple of recent off-shoots. I wrote a comparative research paper on alternative religions. But then as a "Wizard" made this, maybe he knows that already. I just found it interesting that Wizard would make something witha magical name to it.

Robert111

Oh my! I saw that stuff at Exotic Blanks and passed on it for the time being. Well, that was a mistake! You made a gorgeous pen, Doc. And the craftsmanship is equally gorgeous--I ALWAYS love your sections (I'm still meandering). And the clip is absolutely perfect! Beautiful pen, beautifully done!

Top Bottom