Custom FP from my Atl Demo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Here's the custom FP I made during my demo this past Saturday's Atl pen turners meeting. I did make one change and that was swapping out the front section with a solid black one. Personally I think it looks much better. I still have the original one though :wink:. I hope the demo helped yall out some! The material is one of my own castings in Alumilite. It's hard to see in the pics but there are 4 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, and Black. This is a VERY bright pen!

Here are the specs:

Dimensions:

Capped - 6"
Body + Nib - 5 3/8"
Cap - 2 1/2"

Weight:

20g without ink

Nib & Ink:

#6 Jowo. Two tone steel. 1.5mm
Cartridge/Converter

DSC04786 (604x700).jpg DSC04787 (581x700).jpg DSC04788 (520x700).jpg DSC04792 (700x335).jpg

And here it is with the original front section. I just thought it was a bit to much and needed a break:

DSC04794 (616x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Looks great Jonathon! I think I like the black section better.
This pen should be difficult to loose with those colors!

TonyL

Thanks Jonathan. I got to witness its production live at the demo. You are a true craftsman! And your blanks are beautiful too! I am not sure I would be able to part with something that took me so long to make. I would have probably named it and selected godparents for it :). Thanks again!

PenMan1

Nice pen. I agree. The black section is better. While it's a nice blank, the section sorta gets lost in all of the color. The black helps to define the lines and style.

turncrazy43

Jonathon, thank you for the great demo on Saturday. I'm sure everyone that attended enjoyed it and came away with a lot of knowledge. We always enjoy your demos and appreciate you taking your time to come to our meetings. You add a lot to our group. Hope you will come back when your time and schedule permit.

OLDMAN5050

Passed Away May 15, 2019
In Memoriam
I was so looking forward to attending the demo.. Just not in the cards I guess, Maybe sometime in the future I can come down and join in....I wanted to see in person the kitless made..and visit with my Atlanta IAP friends....BTW Mom is back in the nursing home recovering from the broken hip surgery she had on Thursday. Thanks for the prayers.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Beautiful pen Jonathon! When can you do that in Dallas!? Did you turn the black section or buy?

Thanks Harry! I'd be willing to come out and do a demo for you guys. We'd just have to work out travel expenses and a roof over my head :cool:

Jonathon, thank you for the great demo on Saturday. I'm sure everyone that attended enjoyed it and came away with a lot of knowledge. We always enjoy your demos and appreciate you taking your time to come to our meetings. You add a lot to our group. Hope you will come back when your time and schedule permit

Thanks! I'm always happy to come out. I should be able to make it to the Sept meeting.

CrimsonKeel

awesome job.Id love for a kitless demo or even someone in my area who makes them so I could see one made first hands. also my favorite part is the way the end on the cap looks

Last edited:

Brooks803

Thanks Aaron, safe travels this morning so you can see it in person in a couple hrs.

awesome job.Id love for a kitless demo or even someone in my area who makes them so I could see one made first hands. also my favorite part is the way the end on the cap looks

Thanks! If this is something you really want to get in to don't be to restrictive on where you'll go to see a demo or get a private lesson. The first demo I saw on this was an 8hr drive for me! It was to see it done by Bruce Robbins so it was more than worth it. Plus I got to see all my VA buddies :biggrin:. I'm sure there's someone within a 3-4hr drive that can show you how it's done.

Top Bottom